What does a great Senior Software Engineer do?
As a .NET Software Engineer, you will join a small but growing team of hardworking people responsible for customizing and implementing a sophisticated enterprise banking software solution platform in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have a background in software programming and consulting with experience working with clients as well as internal project managers and other development resources. The environment is .NET with SQL backend and each project contains integrations with third-party vendors including proprietary credit union and bank host systems. Relationship building is an important aspect of the position, where the individual will focus on securing strong professional relationships with clients in anticipation of additional customizations and product add-on sales in the future.
Some of the primary responsibilities include:
- You install, configure, customize, upgrade, support and fix all technical issues related to the internet banking solution within both on premise and hosted environments for both desktop and mobile platforms
- You will work directly with clients to understand business needs, define requirements, quote projects
- You build, test, implement and launch the solutions proposed
- You work closely with vendors to define technical requirements and customize, configure and implement solutions to work with various external systems
- Hands-on development and resolution of technical issues within on-premise and hosted client environment
- Work with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency
- Work closely with Product Development and Professional Services developers to resolve complex issues on projects
- Train clients on Architect SDK - onsite and local
- Lead internal technical development training sessions
What are the basic qualifications and preferred skills used for consideration?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development or software engineering, preferably using C#, ASP .NET and other Microsoft technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred
- Proficiency with software development tools like the following is preferred: Microsoft Visual Studio, Pforce/Git Source Control, Araxis Merge (or another text file comparison tool), Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Query Analyzer
- Experience delivering high volume, mission critical web sites such as Online Banking preferred
- Hybrid Mobile Development experience preferred
- Familiarity with Banking Core data systems such as Symitar or Summit preferred
- Previous work experience with the banking and financial industry as it relates to Internet home banking applications is a plus.