The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. The FDIC Enterprise network provides its engineers with access to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies in the network field. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. Engineers are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements - not managing day to day, same technology operations. US Citizenship and background Investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background.
The function of the Senior NetScaler Engineer is to design, implement, support and maintain all aspects related to Citrix NetScalers at a enterprise level along with other networking equipment on the FDIC Enterprise Network including support of two large Data Centers in Northern Virginia. The Senior NetScaler Engineer will report directly to the Network manager and is ultimately responsible for hands-on operations and engineering activities to ensuring the successful implementation of a mission critical Citrix NetScaler projects, and working with application teams to create solutions spanning multiple data centers. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of best current security practices, firewalls, network administration, application/web fundamentals, load balancing principles, IP transit, routing protocols and all aspects of networking needed to support the mandated SLAs.
Network Fundamentals and Web/Application experience and troubleshooting of application issues. A good understanding of the operational aspects of Load Balancing devices, must have installation/integration/configuration/administration experience, and possess a solid Networking background with a good understanding of switching, network routing, and firewall concepts. The candidate must have strong ability to troubleshoot a variety of issues and make recommendations for system changes, as needed, to resolve all technical issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide support for SSL Offloading, SSL Bridge, Content Switching, Rewrites, Responders, AAA implementations and Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB). The candidate should also possess knowledge of policy-based configurations and regular expressions.
- Implement Application Firewall configurations, administration, and troubleshooting of these rules.
- Provide support with DNS, Juniper SRX, Firewalls and Access Lists, routers, switch configurations.
- Working with application teams troubleshooting application issues from a network perspective and support the understanding of how applications function on a Network.
- Implement and troubleshoot Juniper SRX Firewall polices as related to network and application related communications.
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server) and at least two network systems (e.g., Cisco, Juniper) including the implement of Network Access Lists.
- The candidate must possess troubleshooting skills as well as a strong understanding of TCP/IP as it pertains to packet inspection and TCP flow in the Network and Application flows. In addition, the Engineer must possess a very good understanding of DNS functionality.
- Attend daily, weekly, and monthly client meetings as necessary
- Ability to provide 24X7x365 operational support on weekly rotations
- Expected work days/hours are M-F 8AM-5PM EST
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Must have good customer service skills
- Expert level knowledge of network administration, architecture and engineering in mission critical applications servicing large enterprise deployments.
- Minimum of three years of network engineering experience in critical data center network environments.
- Demonstrable expert level experience in network administration with CCNA certification or equivalent practical skills.
- Demonstrable expert level experience in Citrix NetScaler administration with certification or equivalent practical skills.
- Understanding of a wide variety of network equipment including but not limited to; routers, switches, firewalls, denial of service mitigation, serial consoles, load balancers, DNS, remote access /SSL VPN, and wireless.
- Proven track record of engineering and implementing networks servicing large scale deployments.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
Specific Experience & Exposure
- Citrix NetScaler
- Cisco Routers and Switches (Nexus)
- Juniper MX & SRX routers, EX switch platforms
- Change Management
- OSI Model & Routing Protocols
- BGP, OSPF protocols
- IPv4, IPv6 Transit
- Pulse Secure Remote Access Systems (Desired)
- Infoblox DNS (Desired)
- IP Telephony (Desired)
- Riverbed (Desired)
- Security Vulnerability Mitigation (Desired)
- NetFlow & sFlow Analysis (Desired)
- Serial Console & OOB Management (Desired)
- Fiber Optic Systems & Cabling (Desired)
- Monitoring Systems (SolarWinds) (Desired)
- Network Security Practices (Desired)
- Root Cause Analysis (Desired)
- Post Mortem Analysis (Desired)
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Technical Certification (Citrix Certfications, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP, etc)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BS or equivalent + 9 yrs related experience, or MS + 7 yrs related experience