Our Senior .NET Developer will support Navient’s mission by bringing leading-edge expertise and vision to our Product Engineering team. The Senior.NET Developer is a key member of our product team, producing results independently and collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
Essential Job Functions:
Product Team Member
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Responsible for turning action items on the product backlog into functional pieces of a potentially shippable product
- Deliver business value for the product
- Work with product owners to understand business needs/priorities
Functional Expertise: .NET
- Expert in object-oriented programming specifically with C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WebAPI
- Strong knowledge of REST and Microservices
- Familiarity with T-SQL, ADO.NET, and EntityFramework
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns such as Factory, Singleton, and Adapter
- Maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Stay current with trends, best practices, and methodologies in areas of functional expertise
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Computer Technology or related area OR additional equivalent experience above the required minimum.
- 7 years of overall IT experience
- 5 years of experience in Solution Architecture or Application Development
- Strong experience with the following web, application, and database technologies: .NET web framework, .NET Core, C#, REST and Microservices
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building scalable applications
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and writing reusable libraries
- Familiarity with T-SQL, ADO.NET, and Entity Framework
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms using TDD and unit tests like XUnit, NUnit