Job ID #: 342
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Altus Analytics, the software and data solutions division of Altus Group, is driving an evolution in the commercial real estate industry by empowering clients and partners with industry standard software solutions, data products and technology enabled services.
Who we need
We have an exciting opportunity for a softwaredeveloper to help build and shape our cloud platform solutions, which includes building RESTful APIs and back-end services to interact with models, calculations, and data coming from our global product suite. To support this new work, we are adding to our team and need a Senior .NETDeveloper to join us in our Houston office. We want a .NETDeveloper who has end-to-end commercial software development lifecycle exposure. A Developer ready to step up, work autonomously and cross-collaborate with the in-house team here in Houston and in the UK.
We are proud of the work our teams do, building incredible products that don’t just eliminate the issues but streamline and speed up the way our customers work. Our fully Agile teams are relentlessly focused on putting out the best, highest quality solutions they can. We give them the freedom, tools and guidance they need to be creative and make it happen.
Our tech stack
- C#, .NET Framework 4.6+, ASP.NET Core 2.0 Web API
- Visual Studio 2017
- Team Foundation Server
- Entity Framework 6+
- SQL Server 2014+
- Amazon Web Services
- Docker for Windows
What's in it for you? The chance to:
- Innovate. You want to learn and use the latest technologies and collaborate across teams to:
- Work on our new cloud-based solutions.
- Design high-performing, secure, scalable microservices.
- Build out back-end software and infrastructure using Web APIs with ASP.NET Core, .NET Framework, and C#.
- Grow your knowledge. We are passionate about technology. We will give you the opportunity to learn new skills and technologies,. We will encourage you to conduct research projects, to try new approaches that enhance and strengthen our products.
- Step up and gain exposure. You want to step up to a Senior role and continue to grow your leadership skills as you coach junior members and expand your hands on skills. You want to join a product company focused on expanding their cloud solutions and owning a bigger piece of the #PropTech market. This is an opportunity to build out a new backend for products that lead the CRE industry.
What we are looking for
- An ideal combination of education and experience. You have a university degree in Computer Science (or related field) and hands-on commercial software development expertise.
- A depth of knowledge. You have 7+ years experience developing in the .NET technology stack using C#, with a strong understanding of object-oriented development and enterprise design patterns and principles. You also have experience designing, developing, and utilizing RESTful APIs.
- A focus on quality. You have experience with unit testing, automated testing, and TDD/BDD processes. You have an eye for the details others may miss, and you stand behind your code quality.
- A passion for working with the latest technology and continual learning. You are a challenge seeker who thrives in an innovative, Agile environment.
- A self-motivated collaborator. You have never met a deadline you couldn’t stare down. Prioritizing is your middle name. You thrive in both small-team and large-team environments. You pride yourself on your ability to build positive relationships and communicate effectively.
- A winning communication style. You have a way of speaking to people on any level. You can explain technical requirements clearly to a nontechnical audience to ensure they understand even the most complicated solution or concept. You know how to leverage communication tools and methodologies to work with teams based in the UK, India and North America.
- A set of bonus skills. You have that little bit extra that’s not required but an asset, including experience:
- Developing cloud-based solutions hosted in AWS.
- Transitioning from monolithic to microservice architecture.
- Working with Docker containerization.
- With websockets and message queueing protocols.
- With DevOps processes utilizing CI/CD automation.
- Using API Gateways such as WS02.
- Using Git.
Altus Analytics is:
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, working in a startup-like environment, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds - cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the CRE industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organization, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialize or exploring different product teams.