- Develop high volume, highly scalable server-side features utilizing Windows Server, SQL server, IIS, .NET, and C#.
- Develop web services supporting game console clients, browser clients, and external server clients.
- Understand and develop optimal network and server topologies composed of heterogeneous server types, load balancers, databases, NATs, routers, etc.
- Develop highly reliable distributed server systems.
- Tune real-time server systems for reliability and performance.
- Develop and tune high performance transactional database systems.
- Develop C++ console client code to communicate with server systems.
- Understand and maintain low level network protocols to communicate with game console clients.
- Work with the game project team to integrate networking technology into game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and create those improvements.
- Implement cross-platform abstractions for third-party online services, including Xbox Live and Sony NP.
- Work with external vendors to develop solutions using and/or extending their online service SDKs.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing enterprise level applications with C# and/or C++.
- Experience with .NET, IIS, and SQL server
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- A passion for playing and making games!
- Experience building online gaming systems, commerce systems, social networking systems, search systems.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.