We are looking for Senior Dot Net Developer for our client in Morehead City, NC
Job Title: Senior Dot Net Developer
Job Location: Morehead City, NC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- We are seeking a team player for a small .NET Agile SCRUM team developing an enterprise application to replace an aging legacy system.
- Our database structure and requirements are well defined from the legacy system. Most of the work is replicating the functionality of the existing system with a few minor adjustments along the way.
- The local team is extremely familiar with current system functionality and database structure. The team has limited experience developing an enterprise level .NET web application.
- Our goal is to deploy the solution to production before, or near, the end of 2019. Current projections have software development ending in September of 2019.
- Candidate should be independent in coding in .NET but willing to ask questions if needed. Current team is a close group and we are seeking a person with the necessary technical skills to add value to the team and take direction from the lead developer on site while having excellent social and team skills to integrate seamlessly with the current team.
- The SCRUM team is physically located in Morehead City, NC. Our desire is to have a co-located team but realize this may not be possible.
- The candidate must be familiar with working on a project as a remote member of the team and have excellent communication skills to ensure the team is fully informed and coordinated in their efforts.
- In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills within the structure of a cohesive team that seeks solutions as a team and solutions that can be maintained by the team.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing .NET solutions from the User Stories defined and prioritized by the business, engage in all SCRUM ceremonies and exhibit independence while ensuring they follow the standards and direction of the Lead Architect.
- Seeking clarity from the Lead Architect is a plus when the developer is unsure of the direction or architectural goal.
- This is especially important when the team tackles functionality that they have not developed before. Solutions must be maintained by the local team and therefore must be concise, clear and straight forward.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Perform meticulous Unit Testing with attention to detail
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Engage in Agile SCRUM ceremonies and processes
- Ensuring solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards
- Applying experience and knowledge in systems analysis, design, development, quality assurance and integration methodologies to develop quality technical solutions
- Building positive relationships with team members