Senior Domain Architect
5 - 7 years experience • Retail / Diversified
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you’ll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Domain Architecture: Partner with business process and systems analysts and technical leads to define the technical requirements, principles, and models that guide solution decisions within the Enterprise Reference Architecture for a particularly large or complex domain or ecosystem. Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that fits within Petco’s Enterprise Reference Architecture and outlines solutions that integrate across large/complex applications, systems, and platforms to achieve business objectives. The role can specialize on particular application or infrastructure domains. Develop roadmaps that outline how solutions will be structured. Influences major systems or infrastructure decisions.
Essential Job Functions The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Works on multiple projects as architectural project lead or internal consultant. Viewed as an expert and provides knowledge and counsel to others. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of one or more specialized architecture areas
- Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction.Aligns architectural strategy with business requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, and develops roadmaps and implementation plans for large, complex systems based upon the Enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Supports and participates in developing policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.Designs standard configurations and patterns.Promotes the Enterprise Architecture and business process, outcomes, and results.
- Participates in the Enterprise Reference Architecture and domain architecture Governance process.Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at domain and/or project level.
- Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project/program level.Aligns architectural requirements with IT strategy.Assesses near-term needs to establish business priorities.Responsible for quality assurance reviews and documentation of complex applications or infrastructure.
- Consults with project teams to ensure compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure, and services.Determines re-use opportunities to more fully leverage existing capabilities.
- Identifies opportunities for application, code, or infrastructure reuse. Supports the development of software, data delivery, or infrastructure platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different business areas.
- Coordinates architecture implementation and modification activities for large systems or infrastructure components.Assists in post-implementation and continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and improve future outcomes..Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solution.Works closely with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Analyzes the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.Identifies, and when necessary, proposes variances to the Enterprise Reference Architecture to accommodate project or business requirements.
- Provides strategic consultation to business partners and IT teams. Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities.Consults on enterprise-wide projects and maintains knowledge of their progress.
- Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities. Provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
- Develops, motivates, and directs colleagues to create a team environment. Coaches and mentors team members.Influences through expert knowledge and leadership system, application, or infrastructure domain.
- Interacts and interfaces with support partners to ensure solutions are architected correctly.Occasionally works with support partners to resolve major issues.
Domain Specialization: Expert in one of the assigned domain below and broad knowledge areas, such as Retail, Finance, HR, Data Centers, Business Intelligence, and Networking.
Information Architecture:responsible for improving business performance or cost optimization through enterprise information solutions, such as master data management, metadata management, business intelligence, content management, data interoperability, analytics, data integration and related information infrastructure components. They are principally focused on the high-level information repositories and information flows that will meet the requirements of the business strategies and business processes. Information Architects provide guidance to Business Intelligence Analysts and Technical Leads.
Business Architecture:responsible for engaging business partners in analyzing, strategizing, and prioritizing business processes and for ensuring that projects realize their intended business benefits. They identify customer business/process issues and translate them into business requirements. Business Architects champion innovative changes and/or technology-enabled solutions.
Security Architecture:responsible for developing and implementing enterprise information security and compliance architectures and solutions. Serve as security and compliance expert in application, network, and platform security. Develops security standards and helps project teams and business units comply with enterprise and IT security policies, compliance policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
Application Architecture: Identify requirements across the application domain, and develop and administer application-specific standards such as user interface design, web services, portal application programming interfaces, and content. Provide design recommendations based on the Enterprise Reference Architecture and long-term strategy and develop enterprise level application and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features.
Infrastructure Architecture: Identify requirements across an infrastructure domain, and develop and administer infrastructure-specific standards such as specific hardware and system software technologies, configurations, and protocols. Provide design recommendations based on the Enterprise Reference Architecture and long-term strategy and develop enterprise-level infrastructure solutions.
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities.
Typically the incumbent will be in an office setting seated, in artificial light and working for prolonged periods of time on the computer. Some travel may be required.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience; five or more years of professional progressively responsibleexperience in function or three years experience in highly specialized function.