As Enterprise Architect – Applications, you actively monitor opportunities offered by new technologies and business approaches for the organization as a whole. You design solutions to meet the business needs of large scale projects and programs that leverage architecture and foundation targets.
You take on a leadership and influencer role within Desjardins Group in interacting with business partners, enterprise architecture stakeholders and development teams on strategic, complex and innovative initiatives. The nature of the files requires extensive and in-depth expertise in a number of areas of technology and/or business. Your influence affects applications as well as data and infrastructure.
You make recommendations related to solution architecture, in connection with files or projects with a very high degree of operational and conceptual complexity. Coordination is critical. You must interact with a very large number of stakeholders working in different areas of expertise. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as a resource person and coach for senior management and decision-making bodies.Additional information
- Ensure that solution architecture in your area (applications portfolio, data, infrastructure) is aligned with corporate and business sector priorities. Prepare your area's development plan.
- Seize opportunities to upgrade capabilities in your area to make them usable across Desjardins Group.
- Advise and assist business partners and specialists with positioning, planning, development, performance and follow-up of various strategic mandates under your responsibility. Organize, manage and deliver guidelines, as needed, on specific technical subjects requiring the consensus of multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and update policies, standards, architecture targets and supporting foundations, or technology solutions, taking into account aspects pertaining to data, applications and infrastructure to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze problems. Raise any major issues. Establish frameworks and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies and committees concerned.
- Serve as an expert advisor and subject matter expert for projects and mandates specific to your area of expertise and whose scope and impact are significant and may be felt across Desjardins Group. Identify and prioritize projects that combine business and technology and that support business strategies. Represent your unit in dealings with senior management committees and decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins in negotiating and entering into agreements with external organizations and partners.
- Help prioritize initiatives (portfolio, PI planning) to ensure alignment of the development plan for your area.
- The solutions orientation team is a team of seasoned architects that works to define innovative solutions and their scope early on in order to meet business objectives while ensuring alignment with enterprise architecture targets.
Other working condition
- Numbers of jobs available: 3
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience in presenting to an organization’s executives
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- Knowledge of BiZZdesign, Casewise, Confluence, PowerBI and Office 365 (an asset) (an asset)
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English