Does building an extraordinary analytics platform backed by a state of the art technology implementation that scales to thousands of terabytes spark any interest? This team is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who is passionate about maintaining a high quality bar for software and is deeply committed to supporting decision-making through data analysis. We like to innovate, learn, and have fun, while building the best travel experience for our customers.
You will design, build and support a modern, multi-tenant cloud-based enterprise data platform for analytics and share your knowledge with your teammates, as well as the larger tech community.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Principally responsible for the design and engineering of Expedia's enterprise data pipeline
- Design, implement and maintain network topology and security policies for our AWS data environment
- Innovate on cloud deployment of applications like Hadoop, Presto and Spark
- Collaborate with infrastructure, network, database, application, and business analytics teams to ensure data quality, durability and availability
- Support development, QA, and operations teams
- Evaluate and propose new tools and technologies to meet the needs of the organization
Qualifications, work experience and education guidelines:
- 5+ years of experience in deploying and managing large scale distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience working with RESTful web services and data platforms in AWS
- Proficient in distributed data processing, relational data platforms and analytic tools
- Passionate about building automation to make infrastructure more robust
- Strong experience in Python, or equivalent language, and proficient in Linux
- ITIL experience desired, ITIL certification a definite plus