At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
- Lead several cross-functional display development teams concurrently to deliver high-quality display assemblies on time and in budget. Accountable for the coordination of the team from kick-off through hand-over to operations once the display platform is mature.
- Organize and facilitate project and vendor meetings
- Communicate program status to stakeholders
- Work with the development team and vendors to create and maintain detailed project schedule
- Track key milestones and decision points, and ensure they are communicated to the team
- Collect and organize material requirements for device builds and engineering teams
- Responsible for identifying program risks and ensuring contingency plans are in place
- Facilitate decision making and raise to management when necessary,?using the proper?escalation?path
- Ensure each program follows the organization’s procedures (ensure DFMEAs are completed, etc.) but also exercise judgment and critical thinking when established procedures do not apply
- Prepare and drive?milestone?reviews
- Bridge communication between?stakeholders?
- Manage?conflict between individual project groups
- Identify?new?processes and procedures when needed or?opportunity for?improvement?arises
Who you are:
You should have a demonstrated?track record in leading technical, cross-functional teams in the delivery of complex hardware systems within established cost, schedule, and performance goals. You are well-versed in product development?methodologies.?You?will be able to develop detailed program plans/schedules and then drive execution to plan. Ideally you will be familiar with the Display Assembly development process, schedule and vendor management.
- Experience leading cross functional groups?– 2 years minimum
- Experience in consumer electronics, display development experience preferable?– 2 years minimum
- Work experience in relevant R&D or operations environment – 5 years minimum
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working with diverse technical disciplines. Ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with and get results from US teams and Asia-based suppliers
- Ability to devise?creative?solutions and drive consensus for complex problems with diverse, sometimes conflicting, concerns
- Comfortable?in rapid development cycles with challenging goals.? A cool head in tough situations
- Ability to adapt quickly to new information and assess impact to program
- Ability to be?decisive?without having all the information
- Versed in Program Management skills:? team building, role / responsibility definition, risk management, work breakdown structures, project tracking, conflict management, etc.
- Willingness to travelinternationally in support of qualification and production scale-up activities
- Engineering background (ME, EE, FW, SW)?
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.