Description: Partners with executives to develop and implement strategies, policies, programs and initiatives that support the delivery of high quality, cost effective, integrated health care. Through this partnership, the incumbent significantly impacts the cost, service and quality performance of MHS, and, ultimately the improvement of the patient's health and achievement of MHS's strategic goals. Works collaboratively with Senior Leadership to establish the direction for operational activities and programs relative to the day-to-day continuing care services, including Utilization/Case Management, Social Work, Resource Stewardship, repatriation.
Day to Day Operations
- Directs and collaborates with Director of Case Management for strategic goals of Utilization Management.
- Ensures consistency in the delivery of social work programs/services; quality management; fiscal management and; patient/community planning services.
- Collaborates with community organizations in developing new programs enhancing community services for Maui Health System.
- Ensures consistency for Utilization Management, case coordination, discharge planning and social services.
- Collaborates/consults with medical center physician chiefs, departmental managers, other members of the care delivery team to optimize hospital care.
- Provides leadership in the development of the quality management programs for utilization management, case coordination, discharge planning and social services in collaboration with the Director of Case Management and Manager of Social Services.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
- Supports Director in ensuring that the utilization management team follows all regulatory and health plan policies for utilization.
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation /improvement of effective utilization management strategies ensuring compliance with external and internal regulatory bodies and standards.
- Directs regional systems and approaches for monitoring and reviewing the statistical reports for multiple operational programs to identify compliance and/or non-compliance of the program.
- Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness.
- Provides leadership in the quality and performance criteria, policies and procedures, and service standards for the utilization management and social services operations.
- Provides leadership, and technical support to highly visible, large, complex multi-dimensional analytical and clinical projects. Determines goals and priorities with executive leadership. Ensure that action plans integrate well across other departments in the continuum of care.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: Collaborates with the key leaders including physician leaders to establish priorities and strategies for MHS.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences. Assists, as needed, in planning and coordinating with other teams and projects to maximize effectiveness. Produces or oversees development of written materials for senior executives and other key clients.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a clinical environment to include outpatient, acute, or post-acute care.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, public administration, nursing, social services, health services or business administration.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii RN license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure) upon hire OR
- Valid Hawaii Social Worker license (LSW) and/or Clinical Social Worker license (LCSW) (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification upon hire.
Job Number: 631791