Cox Automotive is seeking a seasoned User Experience professional with strong visual design skills experienced in leading cross-disciplinary UX teams to reimagine the way consumers shop and buy cars online. As Sr. Director of User Experience, you will lead a high-functioning team of information architects, interaction designers, visual designers and UX researchers as well as discipline specialists in content and web development to create and execute a creative vision and roadmap that will set a course for the future and expand our reach to new audiences across platforms and devices. You and your team will partner with product management and engineering to bring that vision to life through our Agile product development, and together you will define, design, and build consumer experiences that surprise and delight our consumers and our clients, and provide new revenue opportunities to grow our business. As a key link between the business, market opportunity and consumer needs, this individual must collaborate across the organization and serve as a bridge between concept and execution for the user experience across all digital and creative assets for the Autotrader brand.
- Lead the creation of an 18-24 month creative vision that articulates the strategic direction of our brands’ consumer experiences across devices and platforms, aligned with long term business objectives and desired outcomes, including design comps and functional prototypes
- Provide thought-leadership into emerging UX and consumer engagement trends to inform business and product strategy, direction, and roadmaps
- Partner with Analytics resources to gain insight into consumer engagement and behavioral trends and monitor our experiences to ensure desired outcomes are met and identify opportunities to improve our experiences
- Lead a dedicated, high-functioning team of UX designers, UX architects and content specialists to execute on the vision and ensure objectives and outcomes are met; mentor and coach resources to excellence, and foster cross-training across disciplines to develop team knowledge and skills and encourage collaboration
- Must be able to balance consumer and client needs to create optimal outcomes that satisfy and engage consumers while maximizing revenue opportunity, and be able to balance future vision-casting with the art of the possible within the present
- Must have a broad working knowledge of all UX disciplines and strong visual design skills, along with a deep understanding of consumer behavior and trends
- Develop guidelines, standards, behaviors and style guides to ensure brand (and sub-brand) consistency across all media.
- Create UI specifications for use by technical teams.
- Develop sitemaps, wires, user flows and prototypes based on insights/research/data.
- Ensure utilization of effective processes, methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. • Facilitate stakeholder discovery, design reviews and communication. • Work with research and insights group to synthesize data/personas, use cases, concepts, user journeys and information architecture.
- Understand and incorporate technical and business requirements into compelling UX design. • Deliver effective site architecture, navigation design, page layout and interaction design; presenting them to internal teams and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related field; Masters preferred.
- 8+ years experience in UX design, information architecture or equivalent function.
- 5+ years experience directly managing user experience teams
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.?
- Experience leading projects in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team including designers, hardware engineers, writers, product managers and software developers.?
- Proven ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently. Experience designing for a variety of device types (mobile, desktop, consumer devices, etc.) and designing experiences with multiple interaction modalities.?
- Fluency in best practices for mobile platforms and system information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.?
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch.?
- Experience in designing interactions for voice led devices. Experience in designing cross platform experiences.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience designing online retailexperiences