Senior Director, US Business Insights & Analytics, Rare Disease Business Unit
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Director, US Business Insights & Analytics, Rare Disease Business Unit in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Director, US Business Insights & Analytics working on the Product Launch & Business Insights team, you will be empowered to motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda's mission by evolving analytic solutions that bring increased business value to the US Rare Disease business . A typical day will include:
- Creative, resourceful, integrative thinker responsible for building and evolving the team and analytical capabilities to serve the US Rare Disease Business Unit leadership and marketing colleagues with advice and other decision support to drive and improve brand performance as a result of evidenced-based research and interpretation.
- Leads the function that provides strategic forecasting inputs, commercial data analytics and marketing research for the commercial portfolio of the US Rare Disease business. This is a critical role in ensuring that the US Rare Disease Business Unit achieves its vision of becoming an insights-driven organization that leverages actionable intelligence, insights and transparency in data to drive strategic business and marketing decisions in a systematic yet agile way.
- As a leader, the individual in this role will be accountable for further developing and building team capabilities necessary to synthesize meaningful, actionable insights by integrating a variety of primary and secondary data sources and creating a performance based culture that empowers and enables team members to efficiently deliver their best.
- Build, coach and maintain a high performing team of analytical, quantitative and business minded individuals that collectively distill business insights from commercial data sources and primary market research.
- Drive strategic decision-making by leading insight driven discussions with franchise heads and marketing colleagues that are future looking, market and competitive intelligence-driven, and flexible enough to meet the needs of evolving portfolio priorities.
- Establish and continually evolve the analytical strategy considering platforms, standards and toolsets required to not only meet current traditional analytic practices but also seek out evolving analytic solutions that bring increased business value to the US Rare Disease business, such as marketing mix, segmentation, targeting/alignment, etc.
- Ensure all commercial brands' analytic needs are met with appropriate resources that consistently deliver on time.
- Identify, select and manage a group of trusted vendor partners who can be accessed in cases where their unique skills are the best solution, or as a supplement to deliver outsourced project work in times of peak demand.
- Develop relationships with other internal organizations as necessary to ensure the downstream flow of information and data to the team. Continually update knowledge of industry data sources that could be used to improve Takeda's US Rare Disease commercial analysis.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced degree (Master's in business, marketing, or social sciences) preferred.
- 15+ years of progressively responsible marketing, market research, commercial operations, management consulting or related functional experience within the bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Rare disease experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization, able to motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Demonstrated ability to create an environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine