About the Role
In FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring organization, we focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional opportunities faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders. Our Business Transformation, Transactions Services team helps our clients across the entire life cycle by bringing our on-point industry and deal expertise to conduct due diligence, integrate, value, and provide key communications around all aspects of the transaction. Our team offers comprehensive value by evaluating the risk/return considerations in all stages of the deal continuum.
What You’ll Do
The Sr. Director will collaborate with our clients and internal project teams across the entire deal life cycle. You will use your strategic style, cross-functional expertise, and deal skills to:
- Manage various engagements, develop/mentor staff, work directly with clients and FTI Consulting Executives.
- Provide financial and accounting related consulting services in the Corporate Finance practice areas, supporting multiple engagement projects simultaneously.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow and deal valuation.
- Perform industry and company research and assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Provide direction to maintain communication with clients and staff members on engagements, while updating senior team members on progress and issues.
- Help mentor and train jr. staff and provide internal thought leadership on industry topics.
- Typical areas of focus include: Quality of Earnings (EBITDA), Working Capital, Quality of Net Assets, Forecast, Debt and Debt Like Items, Customer/Product/Channel/Category sales and margins, inventory costing and bill of materials.
How You’ll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance and expand your buy and sell-side deals experiences, engagement management, and creative problem-solving acumen. You will partner with our diverse clients and internal teams in various industries to continue to learn and grow in new and complex areas and technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- CPA certification or related qualified credential.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably within Transaction Advisory Services.
- Skilled in the Financial Due Diligence process.
- Technical accounting acumen; with a detailed knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Advanced problem-solving and issue resolution skills.
- The ability to conduct detailed research on products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance and due diligence findings.
- Seasoned in MS PowerPoint and Excel, including creating financial models and develop dynamic financial applications.
- Ability to travel 25-40%.
- Ability to work freely in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, with a willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs.