ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The TS group offers comprehensive due diligence advice and support in evaluating the risk/return considerations in all stages of the deal continuum (investment, hold period and divestiture). In addition to our buy-side and sell-side services, TS advises clients on all aspects of the lending decision process. We combine technical expertise in valuation and credit issues, with years of experience in corporate restructuring and audits to help clients make informed decisions. Clients served tend to be 75% private equity, and 25% corporate clients.
• Pre-and Post-Deal Advisory • Merger Integration and Carve-outs • Due Diligence: Financial, Commercial, Operational, IT, Legal and Regulatory • Valuation • Transaction Communications and Regulatory Approval • Investment Banking and Portfolio Company Refinancing • Tax Structuring and Planning
• Provide financial and accounting related consulting services in the Corporate Finance practice areas, supporting multiple engagement projects simultaneously.
• Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation.
• Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties, and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
• Work effectively as a team member by demonstrating commitment to quality, furthering education and investment in him or herself, sharing responsibilities, providing support, maintaining communications, and updating senior team members on progress and issues.
• Build strong internal relationships with members of the Transaction Support team and other FTI services.
• Typical work products and analyses include: Quality of Earnings (EBITDA), Working Capital, Quality of Net Assets, Forecast Analysis, Debt and Debt Like Items, Customer/Product/Channel/Category sales and margin analysis, inventory costing and bill of materials analysis, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance.
• CPA certification.
• 8+ years of total experience; minimum of 4 within a nationally recognized Transaction Advisory Practice or a Corporate Development Practice.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
• Strong technical accounting skills, with detailed knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements.
• Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence. Problem solving is essential.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as report writing is required to serve TAS clients.
• The ability to conduct detailed analysis (using external information) on products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
• Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
• Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications. Especially advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
• Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications.
• A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance and due diligence findings.
• Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever changing environment to meet client needs.