TrueCar is currently seeking a Senior Director, Total Rewards responsible for leading our compensation and benefits programs, and will also lead HRIS. This hands-on role will provide expertise and communication in all areas relating to compensation, benefits, and wellness programs and systems. This role will be instrumental in optimizing our total rewards philosophy, managing our cash bonus and equity plans, and building out our compensation governance and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analysis and communication skills, as well as effective management skills. The successful candidate will capably partner and consult with senior management and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors on the total rewards strategy; research and evaluate new compensation and benefits trends; ensure compliance with applicable law, government regulations and internal controls.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Responsible for the development of TrueCar’s overarching total rewards strategy to drive the performance of the business, considering competitive positioning and ROI. Align rewards strategy to the needs of our employees and the culture of the organization.
- Partner with senior leadership to ensure that all total rewards programs support the organization’s strategic objectives, are competitive, cost effective and aligned with the company’s performance/talent management processes
- Build a relevant employee benefits strategy. Bring thought leadership to defining the employee benefits proposition for the future, addressing what Express should provide associates considering competitive standards, costs, and liability and associate interests.
- Strategize new and better channels for communicating and marketing Total Rewards and wellness initiatives and programs.
- Design, implement and communicate executive compensation strategy and programs. Prepare materials and actively participate in Compensation Committee meetings of the Board of Directors
- Direct the design and evolution of the company’s broad based compensation programs including base salary, merit, annual incentive, long term incentive, and sales incentive programs
- Advise on design on Dealer Sales Incentive Plan to ensure metrics and goals are appropriately aligned with payout
- Evolve and maintain job leveling/job architecture to deliver role-specific salary, bonus and equity ranges and more insight into career path/advancement
- Lead the evaluation of jobs and the application of existing job classifications, assignment of job levels, salary ranges and FLSA status to positions. Make recommendations for revisions and/or changes
- Direct annual market survey and recommendations regarding changes in salary plans; oversee all activity related to published compensation surveys throughout the year and audit survey output, market trends and competitive pay positions to ensure TrueCar’s compensation plans meet overall company goals and objectives
- Provide subject matter expertise, consultation to HR Business Partners, senior leaders and Talent Acquisition regarding compensation issues, evaluation of new positions, job bands, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions and transfers
- In partnership with Finance and key stakeholders, build compensation processes and work flows for both ongoing and annual compensationevents
- Leverage knowledge of the health care landscape and creative benefit design, to implement and manage the company’s health, welfare, and retirement programs ensuring innovative, competitive, cost-effective plans that drive a wellness culture
- Contract with and actively manage benefit plan, vendors, auditors, and consultants for services, premiums, and plan administration
- Analyze and evaluate services, coverage, and options available through insurance and investment companies to determine programs best meeting needs of organization
- Demonstrate an understanding of the market dynamics, key competitor compensation and benefit plan design, and industry trends. Innovate in overall plan design and administration to address industry dynamics and to attract and retain the best and brightest workforce
- Ensure that TrueCar’s compensation and benefit plans comply with all laws and regulations (e.g. ERISA, Affordable Care Act), and that SOX processes and controls are in place to ensure ongoing compliance
- Create a strong culture of recognition through the design of reward and recognition programs
- Provide leadership and direction to maximize the potential of Workday HCM and ATS.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant total rewards and HRIS experience
- Ability to deliver flexible, creative reward strategies, as well as experience in managing the corporate communication strategies that reinforce compensation messages
- Proven ability to gauge effectiveness of the organization's compensation programs and translate data into solutions to continually improve programs and practices
- Previous experience and success in compensation plan design and implementation
- Possess subject matter expertise and strong business acumen with a solid understanding of the financial, legal and tax implications of the various global compensation program
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to think strategically and objectively
- Strong analytical skills to bring actionable insights, strategies and financial plans
- Possess consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences
- Familiar with Radford compensation practices and surveys
NICE TO HAVE:
- High-tech industry preferred
- Ability to lead with confidence in adverse conditions
- Ability to provide purpose, motivation and inspiration