Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us. OVERVIEW:
The 3rd Party and Licensing team is a sourcing organization within Gap Inc. that handles strategy, sourcing and production management for the products within Gap Inc. that are bought from a third party, private label and/or Licensing vendor. The team supports a varity of product categories from private label shoes, to Licensed apparel, to beauty/personal care and more. Our team provides end to end support -market intelligence, benchmarking support, negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete production management.
The Senior Director of 3PL will support all Gap Inc. brand needs by working closely with cross functional teams, vendors and lead a team to bring price right, great quality product to market on time season on season.
- Builds effective strategic relationships at the Senior Leader and Executive levels across Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix
- Successfully partners across with external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- Responsible for identifying and planning new opportunities for value and process improvement
- Leads a team to develop, implement, and execute a product development strategy that maintains brand aesthetic and product quality, while maximizing cost efficiencies
- Builds strategic relationships and influences cross-functional business partners
- Drives career and capability development of direct reports and others on the 3rd Party and Licensing team
- Develop sourcing strategies in support of long range plans for Gap Inc. brands and 3rd Party & Licensing
- Provide key insights by leveraging analysis and experience to identify and prioritize new sourcing opportunities and supplier partner relationship structures
- Leverage technical knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach. Regularly leverages industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices for category strategies
- Build effective strategic relationships and successfully partners across varied functions with Executives internal across Gap Inc., external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- Leverages strong influencing skills to define strategic sourcing role and align project objectives and targets with GIS and Brand Leadership
- Sets goals and category performance targets for the team and coaches leaders to achieve goals; holds suppliers accountable for performance agreements and determines when course correction and mitigation strategies are needed
- Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to develop supporting strategies
- Drive responsive strategies by working cross-functionally to identify fabrics for rapid response and test and respond
- Develop leadership, sourcing capability and category expertise for the team. Supports team in the development of strategies for implementation and change management
- Leads and conducts, as needed, high visibility and complex competitive negotiation processes
- Global Product Development significant experience in driving global product development and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
- Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction
- Team Leadership- has successfully led cross-category teams
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team
- Change Leadership- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams
- Experience: 15+ years of experience in product related roles
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.