As a member of the ERT Technology Leadership team reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Sr. Director Technology Services and Operations (SDTSO) partners with other senior business executives to enable and constantly improve day-to-day technology operations as well as facilitate growth initiatives for ERT. The SDTSO provides technology vision, strategy and leadership in the development and implementation of IT infrastructure, systems and services on a world-wide basis with a keen focus on delivering robust, cost efficient, and timely solutions to key customer and internal business needs. The SDTSO is a highly collaborative leader with a record of building effective organizations that can execute on a compelling vision shaped by ERT’s corporate objectives to drive the next phase of growth and profitability for ERT.
In addition to the traditional responsibilities of running the internal IT function, this executive leads the deployment, implementation, and maintenance of externally facing computing systems.
- Set a clear technical vision and multi-year roadmap for ERT’s IT infrastructure, systems, and applications, grounded in enabling ERT to efficiently conduct its day-to-day business and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ensure ERT production system uptime goals are met or exceeded.
- Working with the Chief Information Security Officer, ensure IT systems meet all requirements for a regulated Life Sciences business operating in multiple countries. (GDPR, ISO standards, GCP etc.)
- Develop a strong program-driven organization with processes in place to plan, budget and execute IT projects reliably. Provide clear and frequent communication to the executive team on, operational technology stability, project delivery and budget adherence.
- Develop a nimble and highly collaborative, flexible, and transparent organization and culture which constantly engages other senior leaders to ensure IT is focused on the right priorities and meeting business goals.
- Provide close support to the R&D software development team to ensure efficient and timely implementation of ERT’s products, reports, and services roadmap.
- Translate highly technical requirements and business priorities into robust IT Systems and Architecture requirements.
- Lead a global team of approximately 40+ employees, aligning a diverse staff with the mission of ERT and the clients and patients we serve. Today's organization includes the following departments: Data Center Operations, IT Service Delivery, Cloud DevOps teams.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
- BSCS or equivalent; MBA or higher level degree, a plus.
- A senior hands-on leader with a strong business acumen and a proven record of building and leading an organization which plans and executes complex IT programs in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- A proven record of partnering with senior executives across multiple functional areas to drive quantum improvements in business metrics through leveraging IT technology. This includes a record of effective, non-technical communication across organizations.
- Experience in a high growth and diverse business environment.
- Experience with M&A and business integration activities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence effectively without direct authority
- Building Teams
- A proven track record of building and leading highly efficient IT organizations in a science driven culture such as Pharma/Bio/Med Devices/Life Sciences and/or Software Enabled Solutions company.
- A proven track record supporting a growing global footprint of employees, customers and operations. These operations include Sales & Marketing, R&D, G&A, Commercial and Customer Service.
- The ability to develop and communicate a compelling vision tied to corporate objectives which helps a diverse group of technical professionals understand how their work directly connects to the mission of ERT and the clients and patients we serve.
- Managed a global team of 40 or more employees, in multiple functions and locations. The SDTSO should have experience managing a team this size or larger. S/he needs to be a great people manager who knows how to put the right people in the right jobs, allowing the senior people to execute once the mission is understood.
- Managing Complex Programs
- A leader with a strong record of planning and executing complex IT projects on time and on budget, and in a transparent and collaborative fashion across multiple functional areas with multiple stakeholders and priorities.
- Experience building the right-sized internal IT infrastructure for a growing company, while balancing day-to-day concerns. The SDTSO must be able to facilitate the setting of priorities and balancing demand in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment. Track record with delivering in a rapid release and nimble/agile approach.
- Experience overseeing the multi-year development, evolution, and execution of an enterprise technology architecture to ensure the high scalability, reliability, and availability of business critical systems.
- IT Technology
- Experience with cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google) and enabling business users to drive expansion and utilization of these platforms.
- Experience in a regulated environment, with a preference for experience with GDPR, FDA and international regulatory authorities.
- The successful candidate should a proven track record of managing risk and development of successfully integrating complex frameworks into efficient set of controls that can be executed against and across all required elements of the technology stack.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.