Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Equity, and Optimism. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the Location: This position is remote and can be located anywhere in the USA.
We're looking for a Senior Director, Product Marketing to drive rapid and quality growth for Ceridian, focusing on our Technology and Analytics.
Reporting to the Vice President, Product Marketing, the Senior Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for the end-to-end product marketing responsibility of Ceridian’s technology foundation and analytics. You will build a new team that focuses on our technology platform, data, intelligence, design and user experience. You will lead overall product positioning and messaging strategy, while hiring, managing and mentoring a team of Product Marketers.
About the Position:
As a strategic, results-driven marketer, you will be focused leading marketing for the foundation of Ceridian’s solutions. You will lead the marketing effort to bring new technologies and advancements to market and will understand the impact as we move to new geographies and market segments. You will lead overall product positioning and messaging strategy. We’re looking for a customer focused marketing technologist to help grow revenue. In close partnership with leaders from Product Management, Sales Enablement and the broader Marketing Team you will work to develop impactful positioning and messaging, helping buyers (and sellers) understand how Ceridian is different and why technology matters. This role is critical to lead the team in educating, inspiring and ultimately winning over the CIO and other non-technical buyers.
- Market strategy: Develop a deep understanding of Ceridian’s target market by gathering insight about customer personas, buyer needs and the purchase decision process. Define goals, audiences, buyer’s journey, strategy, solutions, positioning, messaging, key tactics, budget and dependencies, and then drive cross-functional consensus and enlistment to deliver business results. Assess and maintain market opportunities and segmentation to develop strategies for addressing new and existing targets (including new market segments and expansion into new geographies)
- Market and competitive intelligence: Partner with Competitive Intelligence and other internal team, to gather and analyze market and competitive information to create a point of view to support product portfolio, new product launches and to better position the business for profitable growth
- Solution messaging and positioning: Lead messaging and positioning strategy; become intimately familiar with Dayforce’s core customers’ needs and purchasing patterns to develop optimum messaging to minimize sales cycle time and maximize customer value.
- Business intelligence: Leverage market and customer interaction data including marketing platform touches, sales metrics and software usage statistics to understand market and customer buying patterns and preferences.
- Sales enablement: Lead content development for sales team on messaging around new features, solutions and releases. Deliver training and content in consumable, actionable formats.
- Heat map for marketing and sales: help refine customer segmentation and personas to aid in a targeted approach. Proactively analyze macro and segment sales opportunities to determine positioning strategies
- Content development: Lead the Product Marketing team to build, maintain and update product marketing assets e.g. product decks, product sheets, videos, etc.
- Go-to-market excellence: Support Demand Generation and Customer Marketing in the strategic development of integrated marketing plans and deploys tactics to drive consumer awareness and consideration of Dayforce
- 15+ years of progressive experience in marketing, ideally B2B, of which a minimum of 5 years of experience leading product marketing teams. Strong understanding of Cloud/ SaaS B2B applications is a must.
- Proven analytical skill set and problem solver – you’re a strategic thinker who thrives on digging into numbers/data and applying Product Marketing best practices to optimize go-to-market plans and strategies
- Strong aptitude for learning and understanding technology products – you’re a quick learner who enjoys a challenge, can see the big picture, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Passion for everything product and marketing - you get excited about launching and managing products/solutions that have a positive impact on the business alongside contributing cross functionally from market concept to execution
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong level of personal organization and time management skills
- Natural storytelling, including writing and ability to create compelling messaging that speaks to customer pain points
- Excellent oral/written communication skills including demonstrated ability to deliver technical presentations and training
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, both as part of a team and individually
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business or marketing), Post Graduate Degree (MBA) an asset
- Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel internationally