Senior Director, Technical Programs Development and Impact will provide technical direction to the International Programs Group (IPG). They will ensure the development and refinement of sectoral program approaches that drive project implementation to help ensure Ministry Partners achieve expected outcomes. The Senior Director will ensure IPG team members guiding program implementation overseas are well-versed in program design, project management, and partner engagement. They will develop, refine, and oversee the monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) framework and its effective implementation. Additionally, they will lead a team to develop and maintain systems to collect and analyze data, publishing/communicating learnings on information from sector designs, outcomes, and impact of CCO-supported Ministry Partner programs.
The Senior Director will also steward IPGs/CCOs online grant-making systems, processes, and guidelines. Furthermore, they will oversee technical policies and models such as Safeguarding, Theory of Change, and Integral Human Development (IHD). Collaborating with Marketing and Fundraising, the Senior Director will develop New Offerings that leverage CCO’s unique Catholic identity, IHD purpose, and network of Ministry Partners worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Technical Programs Development
- In collaboration with the VP of IPG, provide strategic direction to program frameworks, processes and plans that will drive greater resource mobilization to optimize program impact in line with CCO strategic priorities
- Drive IPG Programs’ focus on high impact, multi-sectoral, multi-year programs with evidence-based impact and reporting
- Provide effective leadership to the Technical Programs Development and Impact team to achieve team goals and objectives in line with Integral Human Development (IHD)
- Develop New Offerings that leverage our unique Catholic identity, IHD, and our robust Ministry Partner network to use the Lean methodology to pilot, learn, and scale new offerings
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Int’l Programs, lead the development and ongoing refinement of tools that provide step-by-step guidance for contextualized program implementation
- Ensure Programs teams have the tools to engage and with Ministry Partners for high quality program implementation, monitoring, and reporting
- Ensure IPG Programs teams are trained to use the program implementation and MP engagement tools
- Ensure programs are audited for quality assessment, planning, and implementation, including Ministry Partners
- Capacity Building: Learn from and build technical capacity of CCO Ministry Partners and IPG team members to implement and monitor programs with excellence
- Lead new Ministry Partner selection criteria development and identification
- Lead rapid-response technical program frameworks and guidance materials for life-saving implementation and authentic, real-time reporting
2. Impact: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
- Evaluate and align Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning throughout IPG teams and programs
- Evaluate Ministry Partner implementation quality
- Lead a team in the design, development, planning, and implementation of sector-specific program monitoring and evaluation activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention-linked research
- Provide technical assistance; develop, and set up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of data
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives within IPG
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country level MEAL processes and participate in planning MEAL strengthening actions
- Develop and lead the implementation of a programs learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation
- Leverage program learning into New Offerings Development
3. Other Duties
- Participate in CCO field-based initiatives as required
- Attend and participate in the IPG Leadership Team meetings
- Attend / participate in CCO devotions, Bible, and book studies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Require/Preferred:
- Collaboratively ensure that the IPG requirements for Zengine are developed and established with CCO IT.
- In collaboration with IPG Programs team, ensure Zengine usage between IPG and Ministry Partners remains integral to our efficient Ministry Partner engagement model.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management as well as cross-sectoral and cross-departmental learning.
- Provide leadership in strengthening the MEAL framework; helping build capacity of Ministry Partners and staff and improving alignment and support to in-country M&E processes. This includes learning from Ministry Partners.
- Lead the process of incorporating learnings into the future program designs.
- Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Effectively manage talent and supervise staff.
- Build the Technical Program Development and Impact team.
- Proven experience in successfully working cross organizationally, and ability to implement initiatives drawing from a wide array of perspectives.
- Proven experience overseas in a development or relief context, and ability to deliver expected outcomes, adjust programs to fit the local context, and ensure MEAL requirements are met.
- Demonstrated ability to engage Marketing and Fundraising teams to innovate, plan, deliver, and report on New Offerings Development.
- A minimum of 12 or more years’ experience in designing, planning, implementation, supervising, and reporting on integrated development and relief programs at middle and/or senior management level.
- Detailed knowledge and conceptual understanding of (and demonstrated practical command) program design, monitoring, and evaluation, and learning principals.
- The incumbent must be a results-orientated leader who can oversee a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- S/he must be a strong collaborator.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfil the diverse technical and managerial requirements.
- Demonstrated experience leading and building the capacity of technical team members, including remote, field-based staff, to meet program needs and deliverables is strongly desired.
Education or Certification Requirements:
- The ideal candidate for this opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, development, or related field. Possession of an advanced degree is preferred.
- Working competency in at least one foreign language.
Please submit your resume by email to and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.