SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Director/Senior Director – Corporate Strategy, Intelligent Spend Group is a dedicated role responsible for mid to long range thinking and execution of the SAP Intelligent Spend (Ariba, Concur, Fieldglass) strategy in tight coordination with the Intelligent Spend executive team and peer groups at SAP. You will be responsible for designing and executing strategic initiatives in close partnership with functional leaders across the organization. You will be expected to drive end-to-end on projects that can range from product incubation and growth strategies, to partnership diligence, pricing, business model innovation, and other strategic projects. Your work will give you direct exposure to the executive team and contribute to our overall strategy and help drive its successful execution.
The three main areas of focus for the Senior Director - Corporate Strategy role.
- Business Strategy: This role will be responsible for researching/identifying strategic growth areas, and in some cases assisting in initial execution of strategic initiatives in close partnership with functional leaders across the organization. The candidate will be expected to work end-to-end on projects that can range from product incubation and growth strategies, partnership diligence, pricing, business model innovation, operational excellence, and other strategic projects. This role may also lead cross Cloud Business Group initiatives as required.
- Supporting Corporate Development Projects: This role will have some involvement in supporting Corporate Development projects for the SAP Intelligent Spend Group. While not the primary owner, skills relevant to this function would be helpful to provide the team additional capacity. Part of the tasks will be to help form strategic viewpoints on the future of spend management related spaces.
- Growth Initiatives & Integration Planning The strategy team helps drive the overall integration strategy of the three business units in the SAP Intelligent Spend Group (Ariba, Concur, Fieldglass).
This role is high exposure to the SAP Intelligent Spend Group (ISG) executive leadership team, so a general capacity to interact both from a personality and strategic viewpoint at this level is a requirement. This small form team reports directly to the President/CEO of the Intelligent Spend Unit and is led by the VP – Strategy for the SAP Intelligent Spend Unit.
- Drive complex cross-functional initiatives in support of SAP Board level initiatives, SAP Cloud Business Group or SAP Intelligent Spend specific strategic initiatives to drive profitable growth.
- Deep research (with eventual recommendations) on potential growth areas or new adjacent markets for ISG companies
- Integration & Business Transformation as the three units (Ariba, Concur, Fieldglass) form a closer operating model
- Tight alignment with ISG executive team on priorities and areas for investigation/operational excellence & expected outputs
- Assist the President in creating strategic points of view and messaging for ISG longer term
- Understand the spend ecosystem, including the partnership & potential competitive aspects
- Understand the enterprise software ecosystem & selling motion
- Support SAP ISG Corporate Development Projects on an ad-hoc basis, including modeling aspects
- Generally, serve as 'another set of eyes' on various strategic projects or investment ideas that are under consideration by the business
- 3-8+ years of experience in the technology or related industry. Some experience in Consulting, investment banking, and/or extensive experience interacting at an executive board level would be helpful.
- A knowledge of SAP processes, groups, strategies, and a network that can be leveraged to get things accomplished would be helpful
- Understanding of the enterprise software ecosystem
- General understanding of deal structures in the enterprise software space
- Education Minimum requirement: Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline with an MBA from a top tier institution
- Functional knowledge: Expertise in Financial modeling and/or Go to market strategies would be particularly helpful. Product & technology stack understanding for Enterprise SaaS and/or SAP products at a high level is required. Overall, the ability to cross a wide variety topics with a reasonable degree of understanding or high aptitude to learn is key to success
- Ability to distill relevant information from a financial report, board reports, etc. Comfortable speaking financial talk & language.
- Understanding of general pricing theories & practical applications in the Cloud SaaS business, including usage & transaction models
- Works well in a small form office of the president team & with executive level management
- Direct experience at a top tier consulting firm is strongly preferred.
- Business marketplace / business e-commerce experience would be a plus
Travel Requirements: Required to be based in Seattle, or Chicago area. Global travel will be required occasionally (0-10%)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.