Senior Director, Service Delivery
Confidential Company • Draper, UT
15+ years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 08/03/17
15+ years experience
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 08/03/17
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more broad functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas
- Builds and maintains relationships with Customers, Sales, Presales, Virtustream Delivery & Operations teams and Customer Services to influence and create issue resolution. Proactively provides input into development of delivery practices, policies, procedures, standards and strategies with local and corporate teams.
- Manages activities of a broad functional area. (i.e. Multiple technical and job disciplines). Develops and assigns group, function, department, or district goals, as well as performance standards/metrics.
- Communicates organizational and functional strategy. Establishes team goals and ensures goals are met by the organization.
- Organizational Management Metrics development and management
- Proactively reviews and evaluates staff; monitors skill sets to ensure organization can function successfully. Works to develop appropriate levels of technical knowledge through on-the-job, computer-based, or classroom training.
- Manages organizations training participation while ensuring high utilization rates. Provides leadership in development of long termorganization curriculum, for both technical and management skills.
- Meets financial goals for the organization; manages employees on the bench to ensure they are being used appropriately.
- Frequently interacts with direct reports, customers, and /or peer groups on projects or engagements of significant complexity and sensitivity. Proactively engages with counterparts in other organizations.
- Maintains level of readiness to support delivery of customer engagements (skilled/trained workforce, strong partner relations). Ensures resources are in place to meet customer needs and sales demands. Responsible for maximizing utilization of entire all delivery resources within geography/country/division.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct work groups
- Ability to lead large, complex global teams and projects
- Demonstrates expert attentiveness to driving quality and productivity within team
- Expert analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate, direct and lead large groups of people at all levels within the organization
- Possesses operational command of the Virtustream business and solutions
- Ability to achieve results through influence and leadership
- Possesses strong technology and industry knowledge with ability to develop with changing business
- Conflict resolution skills
- Senior dedicated Virtustream COE Service Interface for location
- Works across the organization as required, also comfortable working up to customer C Level.
- Work with Virtustream Delivery Managers, Operations Leads, Business Development managers and Account teams on strategy and growth plans and execution
- Provides COE operational support to customer for all services and management of Dell EMC solutions.
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving and maximizing business benefits available through their investment in Virtustream solutions and technologies.
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunctionwith Virtustream & Dell EMC colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Escalation management and ownership
- Reporting on current operations to all relevant stakeholders
- Driving continuous improvement and efficiency
- Represents Virtustream in a professional manner to Customers, Partners and other Dell EMC personnel at all times.
- Team development, mentoring and succession planning
- Analyzing and reporting actual to contracted SLA performance levels, ensuring compliance with VIS policies, practices, and processes
- Work day to day with customers to ensure high level of satisfaction with delivered service.
- Typically 15+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 10+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
- Develops corporate and/or organizational policies and authorizes their implementation
- Detailed knowledge of company allows for innovative concepts and promoting new ideas
- Provides direction to senior management in various areas
- Recognized as an influential leader
- Work is guided by company strategy
- Decisions impact multiple functions within and are based on cost/benefit analysis for division-wide and/or region-wide operations