$250K — $500K+*
Reporting to the Vice President, Scientific Strategy, incumbent will take a key role in developing the scientific strategy underlying the Exelixis biologics discovery pipeline. This encompasses target selection, definition of candidate criteria, and strategy for pharmacological profiling of leads, and triaging of partnering opportunities, through both an understanding of the scientific literature and engagement with external experts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead responsibility for surveying and synthesizing scientific and competitive data to further develop an innovative scientific strategy for Exelixis external discovery and partnering activities
• Stay abreast of developments in the external scientific community through networking activities, including representing the company at industry scientific and business conferences.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with academic institutions and biopharma companies.
• Define and grow areas of strategic focus in alignment with the company’s objectives.
• Advance potential opportunities via internal discussions, identify and engage appropriate external experts, develop recommendations, and present findings to senior management.
• In partnership with the VP and CSO, develop presentations for the company’s Board of Directors.
• May participate in joint steering committees to develop and manage external collaborations.
• Ph.D. in molecular/cellular biology or related discipline and eleven years of related experience.
• Successful experiences in scientific research and biopharma industry settings, oncology focus required, exposure to other therapeutic areas a plus.
• Prior significant involvement in biologics and small molecule discovery programs required.
• Highly developed scientific analytical skills, able to critically assess, integrate and synthesize broad areas of scientific research from diverse sources to develop specific recommendations. A “differentiated” thinker with an ability to think beyond dogma.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and on cross-functional teams.
• Ability to use broad expertise and to develop scientific strategies, company objectives and principles, and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key external stakeholders and potential stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
• Complex, involving critical input into decisions that can profoundly impact the company.
• Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
• Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Uses professional concepts to contribute to development of company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
Valid through: 12/10/2021
$150K — $200K *
10 days ago