Salix Pharmaceuticals is one of the largest specialty pharmaceutical companies in the world. Founded in 1989, Salix is committed to the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal (GI) diseases. Salix's first US commercialized product, Colazal, was approved by the FDA in 2000. We offer effective solutions while continuing to strive to make advancements in patient care.
Every day, our employees around the world strive to improve peoples' lives with our products. We achieve this by connecting with the patients who use our products and the healthcare professionals (HCPs) who prescribe them. Our therapeutic areas of expertise include management of conditions such as hepatic encephalopathy, irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea, opioid-induced constipation, and ulcerative colitis.
- Develops all marketing strategies and objectives for assigned products.
- Develops all promotional materials for assigned products.
- Develops LCM (life cycle management) plans that include new business development, and phase 3 development for assigned products/franchises.
- Participates/Leads Project Teams for assigned brands.
- Conducts market research to determine product sales potential and develop marketing strategies.
- Manages advertising agency and other vendors on projects associated with assigned product.
- Participates in all sales and marketing strategic planning meetings.
- Provides coaching and assistance to employees in the areas of employee training/development, problem resolution, and work assignment delegation.
- Works closely with the Training Department to ensure proper use of marketing materials and development of training materials.
- Acts as a company representative when dealing with key customers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and implement recommendations that support department goals and objectives.
- Research, analyze and evaluate new sales/marketing methods, procedures and techniques.
- Manage, direct and oversee the work of personnel.
- Prepare and administer budgets.
- Develop and present strategic plans.
- Plan, recommend and implement goals, objectives and practices that encourage the highest quality of service, product satisfaction, pricing, and continued business from the customer.
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial sales/marketing forecasting reports.
- Interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Allocate limited resources in a cost-effective manner.
- Keep up with current events in the specific Brand market(s).
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for professional, first line impression of the company through interaction via telephone, written correspondence, outside conferences/events and with all employees.
- Internal Contacts: Regular interaction with senior level staff members and all employees.
- External Contacts: Regular contact with outside vendors, consultants and FDA.
- This position requires the ability to act independently and to take initiative with minimal supervision from manager.
- Advise manager of work schedule, priorities, problems and of planned and unplanned absences.
We recognize your physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing is a significant part of what allows you to be successful at work and at home. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Parental Leave Program
- Free Bausch + Lomb Contact Lenses
- Group Legal Services
- Education Assistance Program
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in sales/marketing, or related field. MBA is preferred.
Experience: 5-7 years' of progressively responsible sales/marketing experience in pharmaceutical industry.