The Senior Director of Sales Training is responsible for building, planning and leading a comprehensive sales training and development function across the Cox Automotive Sales organization supporting Inventory, Retail, OEM, and EDP, as part of the broader Sales Business Office strategy. This senior management position requires an experienced organizational leader that demonstrates exceptional internal partnerships with both sales and business leaders to align training design, execution and reinforcement across the Cox Automotive Sales organization.
A proven track record driving results in large, complex organizations is critical to the success of the role to align training and development with business requirements, objectives and strategy. The Senior Director is responsible for building an engaged, high performance culture across a newly combined sales team, including coaching and developing leaders and individual contributors while influencing across the organization. The position functions as an internal partner to senior sales leaders by assessing developmental gaps and learning needs of our sales force and determining appropriate and measurable training and enablement initiatives. Essential responsibilities include the following:
- Partner with Inventory, Retail, OEM, and EDP sales leaders to vision and build training and enablement strategies aligning to the overall sales go to market strategy, coordinating across the organization to identify and prioritize learning needs and collaborating to ensure effective implementation.
- Align with key stakeholders, including sales leaders, global learning, Marketing, and Product on the role of the training organization as part of the wider training and enablement ecosystem and formulate a plan to execute, ensuring consistency in our approach across all of CAI sales.
- Organize existing training teams into a cohesive and productive organization to execute on key priorities, providing guidance and direction to direct reports, senior managers and individual contributors, building a high performance and trusted team culture.
- Management of existing programs and support the design/creation of new programs and training materials with a strong bias towards mobile delivery solutions and a vision for how our approach will evolve in the next 2-3 years.
- Direct the instructional design and development of learning solutions for a variety of topics and delivery methods including learning campaigns, e-learning and instructor-led content.
- Develop effective leadership coaching and development strategies in alignment with business needs.
- Partner with senior execs to continually evaluate the effectiveness of training and enablement programs based on KPIs and ROI metrics. Modify existing plans as required to ensure future success.
- Establish strong relationships and meet regularly with leaders to understand needs and opportunities.
- Analyze learning evaluation data and metrics to diagnose gaps, identify opportunities and implement change to ensure content is current, relevant and delivered in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Manage vendor partnerships and build relationships with 3rd party training providers and software vendors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university or equivalent experience
- 12 years of experience with sales training and/or enablement
- Minimum of 7 years management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design techniques
- Strong leadership and team development skills
- Leadership experience in the Learning & Development area demonstrated success in building a sales learning, enablement, and/or development strategy
- Proactive, analytical, and strategic approach to program design and development
- Excellent ability to motivate, inspire and communicate to multiple levels of the organization
- Must possess strong business acumen
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or software
- Ability to drive vision and consciously cultivate a culture of positivity and excellence
- Ability to engage key stakeholders, build support and influence outcomes to drive the agenda
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a demanding work environment