The primary missions of the Senior Director, Sales Commercial Quality & Governance are:
- Lead the development and refinement of commercial quality processes for global sales, including delivering commercial excellence at all stages of the customer lifecycle: New Opportunity/Renewal Opportunity, Quality, Customer Solution/Value Proposition, Negotiation and Close/Account Relationship.
- Implement and lead a customer-centric contract approval process, workflow, outputs and decision quality; ensure continuous improvement plans are activated and risks to Hertz mitigated.
- Build a manage a high performing commercial contracts team – analysts, administrators, blackbelt, etc.
- Develop and manage operating mechanisms that further leadership visibility to all necessary information in ‘best’ commercial business decision making; improve organization transparency to deals.
- Design and implement with VP Sales Strategy & Operations a business operating system to increase sales organization understanding of impact of deals (individually and collectively) within the Hertz portfolio.
- Develop strategy with VP Sales Strategy & Operations for the positioning of Hertz in deal negotiation, in support of sales team success in achieving growth – revenue, margin and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Support VP Sales Strategy & Operations with insights and ideas as a key contributor to sales strategy.
- Partner with Sales Strategy & Operations leadership team peers and VP Sales Strategy & Operations to enhance performance reporting analytics, sales technology/CRM, sales effectiveness, customer experience and segment/channel strategy.
Additional responsibilities and core functions include:
- Liaise with teams across the organization (Revenue Management/Pricing, Finance, Marketing) as well as with external consultants, customers and partners. Identify and champion projects that will have commercial and business impact.
- Stay current on segment/channelportfolio and market, competition, and trends including analyzing current commercial tactics, concepts, practices and procedures
Key result areas:
- Develop, implement, and measure contract and pricing processes to ensure on-time delivery of customer-centric solutions
- Ensure salesforce effectiveness and contract decision making is on time, and in the best interest of the Hertz portfolio, as we serve our customers and partners.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure the Sales organization meets overall financial targets
- Develop and implement processes to maximize value to our customers – B2B, partners, associations, inbound, retail indirect, replacement, ES, government, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering or similar field
- 10-15 years of professional experience within retail, travel, hospitality with a focus on sales, finance, pricing, quality. Other industries acceptable if able to demonstrate relevant correlation