The Senior Director, Revenue Cycle - Physician Services reports to the AVP, Physician Practice Management & Operations and plays a key role in the financial well-being of the institution.
The Senior Director will be responsible for the revenue-cycle operations and practice-management- system support for 166 physicians (currently and growing).
The day-to-day responsibilities of the position are focused on the direction, coordination, and monitoring of work plans and deliverables of the department, which is made up of two direct reports and their staff (approximately 16 indirect reports). He/she will be responsible for creating a performance system that is fair and equitable and results in a culture of high performance and excellence.
The Senior Director will help leverage the Epic system functionality and implement specific process- improvement initiatives around best practices within the industry. In addition, he/she will oversee the building and maintenance of the revenue-cycle database, reports, and scorecards. The position will oversee the transfer of knowledge for improved workflow processes and the associated applications training of new system functionality.
The Senior Director will collaborate with the existing team and billing companies on matters pertaining to back-end billing and will stay current on payer regulatory requirements. He/she will propose and implement solutions for addressing new requirements. In addition, he/she will interface with department counterparts on managing front-end revenue-cycle operations and other revenue cycle/special projects as they arise.
The Senior Director will be a part of the Leadership Team within the Physician Services Department and will work closely with other members of the department to help implement and continuously improve the hospital’s revenue-cycle strategy, which is aligned with and supportive of the hospital’s mission and strategic goals.
He/she will be responsible for developing and managing strong relationships outside the department, particularly with physicians. The Senior Director will be an advocate for the department and will work collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the institution, as required.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s Degree (M.P.H, M.B.A.) is highly desired but not required.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
· High level, progressive management experience (10-plus years) is required.
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in hospital professional billing and/or physician billing-company experience is required.
· Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
· Major teaching/surgical-hospital experience is desirable, but not required. Experience in Radiology and Surgical Billing is a plus.
· Possesses a strategic mind-set and is experienced in achieving results in a matrixed environment, with capability of resolving issues through innovative problem solving and solution development.
· Proven leadership skills, managing people and departments through well-established performance-management skills. Has successfully developed a high-performance work environment and culture. Possesses a continuous-improvement/quality mind-set.
· Outstanding communication skills; good listening capability; skilled at presenting information to
a variety of people and audiences.
· Well organized and disciplined, with the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities efficiently. Excellent project management capability. Can structure and lead business initiatives and achieve quality results on a timely basis. Has capability to lead a new initiative to expand the internal Billing Department.
· Technology and system savvy: excellent understanding of processes and systems. Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Epic and Tableau is a plus.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills; success at cultivating strong relationships with physicians, internal and external stakeholders, and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization.