What you’ll be responsible for:
The Senior Director, Regulatory Security and Technology Risk is a high-impact role for a passionate leader who thrives by connecting the dots between technology, security, regulations, and controls. In this role, you will be responsible for building the team that documents and advises on information security and technology risk management processes, controls, policies, and procedures. You will be responsible for managing Circle’s responses to audits, regulatory examinations, customer assessments, and other assurance activities. You will work closely with peers from Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit, Engineering, and Finance to ensure that controls are designed correctly and operate effectively, conduct risk assessments, and remediate issues. You will report on the success of the program using metrics and liaise with regulators and customers as required.
What you'll work on:
- Partner strategically with department heads and build functional relationships with peers across the organization to understand their processes, risks, and controls.
- Build a team of high performing professionals to deliver the responsibilities of this role at pace with business growth.
- Lead projects to document, automate controls and control tests.
- Collaborate with other second-line risk management functions including Legal, Compliance, and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations, industry best practices, and customer obligations.
- Write documentation such as processes, control narratives, policies, and procedures.
- Consult on the design, implementation, and operation of technology risk management and information security controls.
- Plan and lead the design, implementation, and operation of automated and manual control tests.
- Test controls to ensure operating effectiveness.
- Plan and lead threat modeling, risk assessment, security assessments, and security testing projects; collaborate with system and process owners to mitigate identified risks.
- Establish and enforce security standards for adoption and integration with SaaS and cloud-based solutions; ensure CUECs are fully implemented.
- Lead Circle’s response to audits, regulatory exams, and customer assessments, as it relates to information security and technology risk.
- Drive technology projects that implement controls or mitigate identified issues.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; equivalent experience also accepted.
- 13+ years of overall technology or compliance experience with a minimum of five years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity.
- 7+ years of management experience.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required.
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible controls operation and risk management.
- Proven team building and team leadership experience.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams with quickly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgement to establish order of priorities on the fly.
- Experience working with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework required.
- Experience working with regulators such as the OCC, SEC, NYDFS, FCA, MAS, and BMA required.
- SOC 1 / SOC 2 experience required.
- SOX controls experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with contemporary privacy regulations including GDPR and CCPA highly desirable.
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology required.
- Ability to use Python to automate repetitive tasks is highly desirable.
- Experience/familiarity with Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.