The Spectrum Senior Director for Regional Stores is responsible for development of strategic plans and alliances and management of initiatives in support of Charter Stores for assigned region, helping to meet and exceed budgeted sales goals that are in line with the Company’s long-term vision. Responsible for developing and leading a professional retail sales team, ensuring achievement of sales and retention targets, operational goals and 100% customer satisfaction at retail locations throughout the region. The Senior Director, Regional Stores will manage the overall daily operation of Retail Stores across the assigned region including hiring, accountability, and scheduling of employees to ensure cost effectiveness and quality operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure Charter Stores are positioned for growth within their Region by driving a strong sales culture including recognition, sales incentives and best practice sharing across the region. Partner with other Regional leaders to ensure maximum revenue growth is achieved.
- Work towards transforming retail store culture from customer service to sales/retention customer service. Partner with management to promote Retention efforts, increase competition awareness, overcome objections and bridge gaps of opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of Regional competitive trends within markets and industries; recognize and address barriers. Conduct ongoing territory analysis and sales forecasting and ensure appropriate management is occuring in order to achieve Regional sales objectives.
- Build a high performance team by recruiting, training and retaining the best talent. Support the recruitment process as necessary. Manage, coach, develop and motivate Sales Managers and their teams to achieve team objectives.
- Ensure departmental standards regarding courtesy and productivity are maintained and that established sales quotas are met; regularly monitor customer interactions and performance metrics and provide feedback and coaching.
- Set and hold direct reports accountable for achieving minimum performance standards.
- Manage expenditures and stay within budgeted guidelines by developing supporting budget schedules for headcount, assigned region specific categories, and other identified categories.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of Charter cable products and services and pricing strategies, ensure Charter Stores are positioned for growth within their Region by driving a strong sales culture including recognition, sales incentives and best practice sharing across the region. Partner with other Regional leaders to ensure maximum revenue growth is achieved.
- Establish and cultivate effective cross functional relationships with sales operations, service delivery, product, marketing and finance; pursue operational effectiveness in all areas.
- Model and demonstrate company values, foster continuous learning and development, move team forward through change and create a positive work environment where employees are able to enhance their skills and maximize their potential through coaching, training and objective performance management.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communication in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Work through complex, enterprise level issues with a methodical approach
- Possess a self-motivated, competitive spirit and desire to manage and motivate sales teams
- Carry a positive and professional demeanor
- Detailed orientated with exceptional analytical skills
- Knowledge of sales strategies and procedures
- Knowledge of pricing, contract and billing procedures
- Travel to multiple locations
- Knowledge and ability to use computer and software applications
- Knowledge of employment laws and procedures
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet Company’s motor vehicle requirements
Bachelor's degree in business or marketing, or equivalent experience required
Related Work Experience
Sales Management experience – 10 years
Leadership of cross-functional teams – 10 years
Program management experience – 10 years
CATV experience – 3 years
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Expert knowledge of telecommunications products and services
- Outstanding leadership skills to function as a strategic business leader able to align with company’s culture and values
- Extensive knowledge of sales strategy
- Advanced knowledge of all functions and related tasks in the area of store sales environment
Travel as required, up to 75%
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Requisition Number: 236844BR