At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to patients most in need. With a combination-focused pipeline that exploits the power of six scientific platforms (Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Drivers and Resistance, DNA Damage Response, Antibody-drug Conjugates, Cell Therapy and Epigenetics) to help address unmet clinical needs in a host of cancers, we are motivated by a dedication to the scientific discovery and collaboration that will one day help eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We currently have nearly 100 Phase 1, 2, 3 and Lifecycle Management Oncology projects in our robust pipeline. We deliver the Research & Development for Oncology through our Oncology R&D Unit. This unit has responsibility for the value chain from discovery through to late-stage development, enabling rapid acceleration of promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programs.What you will do:
- Provide the scientific and technical skills for the development and maintenance of high throughput diagnostic proteomics assays.
- Systematic integration of mass spectrometry into QCS orthogonal validation for membrane-bound targets across AZ portfolio.
- Initiate regulatory interactions and collaborations with PMB to elevate our mass spectrometry analyses to CLIA-certified standards.
- May act as the most senior expert resource in one or more areas of methods for proof of concept for own country or region
- Maintains a high degree of understanding and awareness of internal and external developments that could affect the Translational Medicine and Cancer Biomarker Development sub-family and the drug development and discovery process, and shares this with team members as appropriate
- Builds networks with other teams and external stakeholders to learn about new developments, leverage opportunities and share best practices
- Manage or support complex and cutting-edge projects to improve processes within Translational Science or develop and introduce new technologies and approaches at the national, regional or global level.
- Ensures that own work and work of function is compliant with Good Laboratory Practice, Safety Health and Environment standards and all other relevant internal and external regulation and standards
- Master's degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or diagnostic industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and developments
- An advanced degree in a relevant field and/ or professional certification
- Expert reputation within the business and industry
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of BioPharmaceuticals and Oncology R&D in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most innovative technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly designed, activity based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams. Why AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a biopharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.