Goldfinch Bio seeks a highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Director, Program Team Leader for the GFB-024 program. This position will report to the Head of Program and Portfolio Management and will drive strategic management of program development activities for the company’s programs. This role is expected to be the spokesperson for the program and accountable for team deliverables. S/he will lead the program team to develop and recommend the program strategy, timing, budget, and milestones as well as to identify challenges and risks and to develop plans and actions to mitigate the identified risks. This individual will play an integral role in building efficient and collaborative cross-functional planning with functional line stakeholders to achieve effective execution of program goals. S/he will also have the opportunity to help shape the Program and Portfolio strategy for the company and mentor emerging program team leaders. This is a critical and highly visible role, making a substantial contribution to the company.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the program and remains accountable for team deliverables
- Collaborates with core team members to develop and drive recommend program strategies, model scenario plans, and build presentations to support recommended courses of action
- Regularly and proactively considers challenge points and opportunities for program acceleration
- Effectively communicates-functional strategies associated with the program and fosters strong relationships with team members and functional lines
- Builds operational plans for agreed program strategy, including alternative and backup scenarios. Plan will identify all critical path activities and inter-linkages between activities. Proactively works with core team and functional line members to effectively integrate the activities cross-functionally. Ensures appropriate progress is being made against defined strategies; proactively raises issues and recommendations for resolutions.
- Drives annual operating budget planning for the program. Together with Finance, supports the tracking of actuals to budget and communicates deviations to budget and prospectively identifies variations throughout the year.
- Creates and manages content for key program documentation including, but not limited to, a Program Development Plan (PDP), monthly program reports and budget summaries.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5-8 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- PhD (preferred), BS/MS in a scientific discipline
- 2-4+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary Development Teams preferred; prior involvement on biologics development programs required
- Project management and leadership training
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills, has an easily recognized executive presence, and is a proven relationship builder who is effective via influence
- Proven track record of effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop strong positive relationship with senior management as well as all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial and science-driven company environment; self-motivated, assertive, able to inspire others, driven and hands-on with unquestionable integrity and the highest ethical standards.
- Good corporate and matrix management skills to meet Goldfinch Bio organizational needs and to leverage resources as required to drive assigned programs forward
- Requires a strong understanding of overall drug development strategies, spanning across all critical product development disciplines (nonclinical, clinical, CMC, RA/QA, commercial strategy and development)
- Working knowledge of GXPs and other applicable compliance requirements.
- Core competency for the application of traditional program management principles and practices