Super Micro Inc. is seeking to hire for a Senior Director position in support of championing the server and storage product portfolios to achieve company's strategic goals. This job is a full time job based in San Jose, CA, reporting to the Chief Product Officer in support of aggressively assisting in growing the server and storage business in the relevant vertical market segments and geographical regions , influencing and maintaining a compelling server and storage product portfolio that offers differentiated value to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Aggressively evangelize and position compute server, storage server, and storage sub-systems with the goal of top-line growth in relevant vertical market segments and geographical regions
- Heavy interaction with internal groups and with existing and new customers
- Assist sales and internal groups, in any customer RFQ/RFP processes and/or new project proposals, with the goal of maximizing chances of winning
- Work closely with product development, marketing, service, and sales teams, to influence the product and service portfolios for competitive advantage and incremental value to our customers
- Review/generate/influence product collateral including product briefs, white papers, trade articles, to create/extend awareness and understanding of the value of Supermicro's product offerings
- Participate in industry/company/customer events with the goal of advancing the company's external awareness and business/customer growth agenda
- Moderate world-wide travel is required.
- BSEE or equivalent, MS or MBApreferred with 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep knowledge of compute server and storage architectures, competitive offerings, markets, and technology trends essential.
- Prior product development and/or product management experiencerequired.
- Excellent written and oral communications and influencing skills required.