ConsumerTrack is seeking an experienced Product and SEO leader to grow the personal finance product squad. The Senior Director of Product Management manages the Product, Design and SEO responsibilities for the Personal Finance Vertical aimed at growing the GOBankingRates site. This role is focused on hiring and growing the team while working with cross-functional leaders across Content, Sales, Media, Ad Ops, Analytics and Engineering to deliver on roadmap projects that drive business value. The core skills for this role are hiring, strategic thinking and analysis, communication, decision making, leadership and technical and SEO understanding of the products.
The right individual will have the opportunity to contribute across multiple initiatives from optimization and monetization of channels and experience (email, marketing, mobile, consumer experience) to launching new business verticals. The performance of this role will be measured on achieving traffic growth and revenue goals.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the product managers, designers and SEO experts who drive the GOBankingRates product and SEO roadmaps. Champion a culture of ownership, accountability, and rapid delivery.
- Lead the team to achieve audience growth and revenue goals. Focus the team on business priorities & deadlines and continuously raise the bar on delivery speed and quality.
- Become an expert in GOBankingRates, the consumer audience for personal finance products, and the needs of stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional leaders of Content, Ad Ops, Media, Engineering and Analytics to effectively align GOBankingRates’ roadmap with company priorities.
- Own the business outcome of the strategic GOBankingRates Product and SEO roadmaps, evaluating technical and market insights to make tradeoffs that maximize long term value.
- Understand the competitive landscape for GOBankingRates and overall trends in digital media and SEO and use these insights to shape our product and SEO strategy.
- Analyze and present hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts and to set targets and measure key performance indicators. Analyze and ensure business and performance requirements are met.
- Spend time with stakeholders (Media, Sales, Content, Ad Ops, Analytics) gathering feedback from released products and then strategize product improvement based on consumer engagement, conversion optimization, AB Testing, data analysis and interpretation.
Leadership Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- 10+ years of digital product management experience delivering complex technical solutions under tight timeframes. Must have worked on a content site with experience growing web and mobile audience through engaging experiences
- 5+ years building and leading teams. Proven track record of rapidly hiring to staff up teams - ideally across multiple disciplines.
- 3+ years of SEO experience with a deep understanding of best practices and experience significantly growing organic traffic. Experience developing and executing SEO strategies.
- Working experience with publisher tools such as WordPress.
- Ability to manage scope and make data-driven tradeoffs to deliver product on time.
- Strong team-player with proven ability to work effectively, communicate with and influence engineering, sales, content, marketing external partners/clients and support teams
- Ability to execute in multiple parallel work streams in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and its team members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution
- Paid maternity leave and paternity leave programs
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills
- Contribution to student loan debt payments after the first year of employment
- 401(k) -- employees can start contributing immediately. After the first year, CTI matches your contribution up to 4% of your salary