We are looking for an extraordinary leader for ourRetailMeNot product marketing organization that can help us bring new products to market in one of Austin’s best places to work and in one of the most excitingtechnology companies. Our heritage and core strength is in helping shoppers save money via our website andmobile apps – so you're savvy when it comes to articulating the value of consumer tech to a massive consumer audience. But our most compelling growth opportunities are intechnology products that help marketers at the large brands,retailers, and restaurants. We work with top tier names like Macy’s, Home Depot, Walmart and Best Buy and engage shoppers to drive them online or in store. Accordingly, this role demands a deep understanding of both B2B and B2C product marketing. You know whatretailers care about, what their motivations are, and how these translate to compelling product positioning. You use that understanding to tell stories that bring the product to life by using great B2B marketing. You are also an expert in B2C product strategy, positioning, pricing and marketing delivery. You’ll be working with theRetailMeNot product, consumer marketing, sales, and B2B marketing teams every single day, collaborating and using your excellent communication skills to gain alignmentinternally and drive market adoption together.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; MBA ideal
- 12+ years of marketing and/or product marketing experience
- 5+ years in people management required
- Experience with sales enablement, B2B and B2C marketing
- Discipline in managing time and activities, strong multi-tasking skills
- Successful track record launching new marketing technologies or software products
- Experience launching and marketing consumer-facing web and mobile products a significant plus
- Experience demonstrating research and user testing to develop differentiated product positioning and messaging for new and existing products
- Excellent grasp of the various online and offline marketing channels available to product marketers today
- Proven experience successfully using owned and earned media to promote new products
- Adept at building consensus and gaining cross-functional alignment with peers and senior leaders
- Demonstrated success driving rapid adoption and strong user engagement with new products
- Love technology products in the software/internet space
- You really “get” mobile – how it changes user behaviors and how it makes marketers to rethink their strategies
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
What You'll Do
- Make the nuts and bolts of product marketing look easy – user/audience research, segmentation, needs identification, key benefits articulation, overall product value proposition and sales enablement
- Lead the development of integrated marketing plans to support new product launches or feature improvements, across all channels paid, owned, and earned.
- Extraordinary analytical skills and ability to build a data driven marketing strategy as well as defining and measuring the success of a particular product marketing campaigns
- Energized by signing up for aggressive shared product utilization and revenue targets along with your colleagues in product, marketing and sales.
- Understand the retail space and industry trends, and you understand how that impacts the life of a marketer at a retail company. You can empathize with them, and accordingly tell a great product story that grabs their attention and won’t let it go
- Partner with sales reps on calls and visits, and ensure the voice of the retailer is reflected in product and design decisions
- Collaborates with the research and analytics team to monitor consumer shopping trends, needs, attitudes and behaviors
- Builds consensus among stakeholders to enable effective execution
- Keeps a sharp eye on competitive products and recommend feature enhancements to maintain RetailMeNot’s leadership status.