What you'll get to do...
As a Senior Director of Product Marketing you’ll lead a talented global product marketing team that works on strategic—and highly visible—initiatives to deliver compelling product and service offerings for website designers, developers, and small agencies. The solutions you deliver to this unique segment of small businesses will help them better serve their clients, and will help them grow their own business.
You and your team will lead GoDaddy in understanding, prioritizing, and solving for the pain points of this customer segment in new and differentiated ways. You will define our product positioning, feature packaging and pricing strategies, and you will partner closely with product management leadership and go-to-market teams to launch new solutions into the market. These solutions will delight our customers, and help the company achieve our growth objectives.
- Team Leadership – Energize and enable both direct reports and cross-functional partners to deliver exceptional results for both customers and shareholders. Create clear, compelling plans and gain buy-in from senior leaders in the company.
- Customer Insight Development – Use qualitative and quantitative data from a variety of sources to develop insights on customer needs that guide our product growth strategies. Lead broad customer segmentation and persona development efforts.
- Product Strategy—Partner with product management leadership to define a multi-year view to customer jobs to be done, identify new growth opportunities by way of differentiated product solutions.
- Messaging, Packaging and Lineup Strategy Development –Ensure the delivery of clearly differentiated, customer-backed positioning and messaging across multiple product lines. Launch and optimize pricing and feature packaging strategies that make sense to customers and drive business results.
- Guidance for Go To Market Guidance Execution – Oversee the translation of messaging/positioning and packaging strategies into briefs guiding marketing campaign development. Partner with go-to-market teams to develop hypotheses on where and how to reach the target customer effectively and efficiently.
- Market intelligence – Identify the key competitive alternatives and lead analysis on the relative strengths and weaknesses of those alternatives. Identify responses to competitive threats in regard to product packaging, positioning, pricing and messaging.
- Sales enablement –Partner with our sales team in driving the creation of necessary collateral, promotions, training, and tools to drive growth and efficiency within GoDaddy’s support and outbound telesales channel.
Your experience should include...
- 15+ years of product marketing and/or relevant consulting experience. Experience with the small business, website designer and developer or IT Consulting/VAR community desirable.
- Demonstrated passion for the customer, gaining customer insights by way of research and testing and translating insights into successful execution.
- Experience leading teams in a highly cross-functional environment. Ability to effectively lead through ambiguity, drive decision making among peers.
- Strong experience in developing simple, but impactful, consumer-oriented messaging and positioning for SaaS off based on market research and insights.
- Proven ability to lead others in leveraging data to build business cases.
- Best in class analytical ability, with track record of “test & learn” mindset
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply.
- MBA preferred