The "Internet of Things" (IoT) is expected to grow to $19 trillion over the next 10 years as 50 billion devices are brought online. Aeris is at the forefront of this industry, building networks and applications to enable Fortune 500 clients to fundamentally improve their businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Chicago, London, and Delhi as well as other markets, we rank among the top ten cellular providers for the IoT globally. We power critical projects across energy, transportation, retail, healthcare and more.
Our Company is in an enviable spot. We’re profitable, and both our bottom line and our global reach are growing rapidly. We’re playing in an exploding market where technology evolves daily and acquisitions / consolidations happen left and right. We are continuing to expand our IoT connectivity offerings to not only include all cellular technologies and services, but also a best-in-class IoT device management, services, and application SaaS platform, as well as alternate connectivity options such as low power WAN (LPWA), Wi-Fi and other short-range networking options.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Product Management with a solid understanding of the key challenges faced by Enterprises rolling out large IoT programs. As a Sr. Director of Product Management, you will provide leadership in product innovation leveraging our next generation Fusion IoT network. You will help define and drive activities in relevant target segments with particular focus on value-add services in the areas of IoT security and cloud-based IoT deployment simplification at scale.
- As a Senior Director, you will span the entire product lifecycle by creating the roadmap and use case stories to create and launch innovative value-added services in the IoT arena
- Define value-add functionality in the areas of IoT security, cloud integrations, global and scalable deployments, that creates preference for the Aeris IoT products and solutions amongst potential buyers
- Drive market research for specific IoT verticals, including vertical specific IoT solutions and packages
- Analyze the broader markets to understand and articulate security trends, risks, and opportunities that can be addressed by Aeris products and solutions
- Drive the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with external partners. Establish business processes, as well as, metrics and indicators for success,
- Works with technical and business teams, and other cross-functional teams bringing world-class products to market, as well as, leading the product launches and enhancements within the portfolio
- Drive broad adoption and provide unparalleled customer experience with a range of approaches: feature development, a range of marketing channels, customer surveys and profiling, sample application, code samples, and technical documentation
- Lead the organization through change, evolution and sustained growth, exhibiting excellent judgement on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers, and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence
- 15+ years of product management experience in high-growth businesses, ideally with experience at a startup firm and (ideally) strong knowledge of wireless technologies and IoT
- 5+ years of product management experience on data governance and information security software
- Prior experience developing connected solutions or products for different verticals and market segments
- Deep understanding of IoT ecosystem including the key challenges as it relates to monetization, connectivity, common security issues, processes and business problems
- Good understanding of end-to-end IoT security challenges spanning IoT devices, network and cloud infrastructure and services
- Strong knowledge of commonly used security technologies and protocols including Firewalls, SSL, multi-factor authentication (MFA) and Single Sign-On (SSO), identity and access management (IAM) and encryption protocols
- Working knowledge of common compliance security regulations and standards such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework, EU Cybersecurity Act, GDPR, FedRAMP, PCI, HIPAA, PII
- Extensive knowledge of integrations technologies for cloud and SaaS companies, including REST API’s, and Pub-Sub, JDBC and file-based integrations
- Strong track record in successfully launching and delivering new products / services into the market; ability to create clear plans and to mobilize an organization to execute
- Strong business acumen with ability to tie the technology, markets and solutions with appropriate business case, ability to clearly identify value and product-market fit.
- Ability to collaborate with strong-minded engineering teams, and have an excellent grasp on how infrastructure, hardware, Software-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service as interrelated
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a technical area such as software or computer engineering
- Values: Entrepreneur, integrity, humility, sociable, likeable, driven, passionate, and a positive upbeat attitude