Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world's largest producer and distributor of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. Through its mobile and online distribution platforms, Big Fish has distributed more than 2.5 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalogue of 500+ unique mobile games and 3,500+ unique PC games. After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide with a portfolio that includes the #1 mobile social casino game, Big Fish Casino. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Churchill Downs Incorporated and is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.
Do you want to make an impact on a growing company with great teams and a bright future? We are currently looking for a Senior Director of Product Management to guide and inspire our platform product management team. This role partners with leaders from across the company in developing the vision and strategy for the products and marketing platform that support our portfolio of games. As a Senior Director of Product Management, you will report directly to the SVP, Product & Marketing, and work closely with our Studios, Marketing, Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Operations teams and Executives to develop centralized internal platforms, services, and toolsets that help drive best practices and best-in-class capabilities across all of our mobile games. A successful candidate will be highly analytical with a creative mindset and will use logic and strategy to distill complex problems into simple and delightful user experiences for internal and external customers alike.
- Own the vision and strategy for the centralized product roadmap of internal platforms, services and toolsets supporting all our studios.
- Work closely with studios, marketing, analytics and engineering teams to understand business performance and key opportunities.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to align against priorities and obtain buy-in on product opportunities, business goals and initiative value.
- Lead the development of our product roadmap to ensure our product line achieves maximum potential through rapid iteration of product, platform and services.
- Execute build/buy analysis including writing RFI/RFPs and managing the business relationship with external platform vendors.
- Manage communications with key stakeholders regarding product and business goals and measure progress against those goals.
- Responsible for managing the team to translate business needs and product goals into product initiatives and requirements through effective communication, leadership and coaching.
- Partner closely with engineering to translate business needs into efficient and sustainable technical solutions, driving the product roadmap and communicating back business opportunity and impact.
- Make feature, schedule and cost tradeoffs during product planning, feature implementation and live operation and communicate in real time to key stakeholders.
- Drive product adoption with business stakeholders including helping to develop best practice recommendations around implementation of platform features where appropriate.
- Drive decision-making and agreement amongst studios to manage tradeoffs between feature flexibility and complexity/ease of maintenance.
- Work closely with Engineering, Developer Integration Services, Game QA, Studios and Marketing to roll out new features.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of distribution platform guidelines and capabilities to inform and guide internal development.
- Analyze market and competitive landscape to understand opportunity and potential value.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Product management experience with a focus on software products and technologies in marketing, games, or platform services verticals
- Experience with free-to-play games a plus! Great opportunity for an experienced free-to-play product lead to expand their breadth of responsibility across several studios!
- Proven ability to manage a team of 5 or more people.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams and drive to consensus with a preference to work collaboratively.
- Enjoys balancing a fast-paced environment with the planning and focus it takes to implement a reliable MVP. Good track record in scoping work appropriately for the opportunity.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to launch new product features and enhancements for the business line.
- Comfortable with taking calculated risks.
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguity, and back them up with a data and/or a strong thought process.
- Ability to understand and communicate, at a high-level, technical concepts related to client-server architecture, data & reporting and user experience.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate to C-level execs.
- BA/BS required. MBA or MSdesired.
- 10 years relevant work experience, with 7 or more years in a management role.
Job ID: R-SS1017