Purpose of Position:
This position will be responsible for sourcing raw product needs for North America Operations and develop relationships with growers and brokers to serve the network in the most consistent and economic way.
- Purchase all non-Del Monte raw product materials.
- Manage just-in-time (JIT) purchasing and coordinate inventory levels.
- Build network of growers and suppliers from multiple growing areas to ensure consistent supply.
- Maintain strong working relationships with growers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Collaborate with transportation to guarantee cost efficiency.
- Ensure all profitability goals are met and/or exceeded, and all procurement costs are within budget.
- Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions.
- Analyze market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Develop KPIs to monitor performance.
- Source new suppliers in different growing regions to support the internal use of material needs.
- Explore new growing regions for selected raw materials.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in produce procurement.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and communication (i.e. verbal and written) skills.
Preferred but not Essential:
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish.