The Market includes procurement activities for Tenet’s Corporate Office in Dallas, Texas, as well as Tenet facilities located within the nine Groups that include 1) Alabama and Tennessee Group; 2) Arizona Group; 3) Miami-Dade Group; 4) Michigan Group; 5) Northern California Group; 6) Palm Beach Group; 7) South Carolina and Massachusetts Group; 8) Southern California Group; 9) Texas Group.
The Senior Director of Procurement will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and execution of the Source to Pay process for Corporate spend to include professional services, contract labor, IT, utilities, admin and other. This position will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and driving category strategy and management of the strategic sourcing process to include contracting, optimization, and rightsizing. The Senior Director of Procurement will play a key role in the Procurement transformation.
The person in this position will act as a central voice and point of contact for purchasing efforts at Tenet and will be responsible for the development and implementation of purchasing strategies, strategic sourcing and category management, policies and procedures based on industry best practice and in alignment with Tenet culture.
Other responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide leadership, direction and development of the procurement organization and its staff to ensure that team resources are used effectively and all targets are met.
- Develop “best-in-class” procurement processes with a comprehensive view on total cost of ownership and streamlined processes.
- Responsible for aligning departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Implement, and continuously improve purchasing strategies, policies, and procedures in alignment with purchasing best practices, while considering Tenet culture.
- Nurture stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing and procurement services that meet expectations.
- Provide guidance to the Procurement Team for all Source to Pay Initiatives to ensure future process and system configuration are established per best practices and considering Tenet’s business model.
- Lead Purchasing processes to ensure that all Purchasing SOX controls are understood and followed by the team.
- Oversee Purchasing’s role in Contract Review process.
- Develop relationships/partnerships with key suppliers to allow the management of vendor relationships within the Purchasing team, as needed.
- Oversee management of Vendor Master files to ensure they are established in system of record, timely and accurately, and are properly vetted for credit worthiness while maintaining the appropriate established internal controls.
- Monitor Purchasing activities and measurements including the compilation and maintenance of organized purchasing records by assuring that purchase activities are fully documented.
- Negotiate major contracts involving material dollar amounts.
- Monitor the cost schedule and performance aspects of material vendors.
- Conduct interviews, make hiring decisions, provide salary recommendations, monitor and assign work, coach, mentor and develop employees; develop work plans and conduct performance evaluations.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Ability to travel at least 30 percent.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business, Supply Chain Management, or in a related field. A Master’s degree in one of these disciplines, or related field, is strongly preferred.
- Certified Purchasing Professional.
- Certified Purchasing Manager.
- Minimum of 20 years of progressive procurement experience, with at least five years at a director level.
- Prior supervisory experience required, with a minimum of 15 years’ demonstrated experience and success in team and direct report management, including team building, recruiting, and team mentoring.
- Detailed knowledge of purchasing processes and the necessary controls to be maintained to ensure SOX Compliance.
- Detailed knowledge of efficient flow of a purchasing system and the necessary controls to be maintained.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word/PPT/Excel) are required.
- Demonstrated ERP system expertise.
- Viable knowledge of vendors and sources of supply.
- Prior experience with IT, RE and facilities, professional services and administrative sourcing.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to multi-task, strong organization skills and superior attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to include collecting and analyzing data resulting in fiscally responsible decisions.
- Organizational agility including the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to evaluate data and assimilate into a working plan for improvement.
- Ability to establish long-term goals and determine appropriate intermediate action items required to achieve respective goals.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic sourcing plans.
- Strong people skills. The ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations. Astute interpersonal, public relations and negotiating skills. Excellent interpersonal skills; and a dedicated listener.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulate creativity and innovation within the team. Open to new ideas. Supports team members who initiate change and take risks, while staying aligned to company objectives.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, medical staff, and the Board.