About the team
Zillow Group's mission is to build the world's most trusted and vibrant home related marketplace. Zillow Group's largest business unit, Premier Agent, introduces consumers who are looking to buy or sell homes to real estate agents who can help them do so! We are in the process of transforming this business from an advertising model to a transaction model to improve outcomes for all parties involved and to drive top-line growth. We are looking for a Senior Director of Business Operations who is responsible for leading a function that optimizes the effectiveness of our sales force by providing them with best-in-class strategic advice, workflows, tools, and data analytics.
The Senior Director of Business Operations is a leader within the Premier Agent Strategy & Operations team. This team runs the Premier Agent business, setting strategic direction, determining how strategy gets implemented, and being responsible for the results that flow from strategy. We are heavy-hitters who move fast, think big, and team up to deliver results. Our closest partners are the sales force, product org, and marketing team.About the role
- Strategy: Be a strategic thought partner to sales leadership. Generate insights and recommendations on how to optimize revenue generation, sales force effectiveness, as well as our employee and partner experience.
- Operations: Run the operational backbone of our Premier Agent business. Design and continuously refine responsibilities, workflows, and tools for our agent-facing sales team. Identify, test, and implement initiatives that improve our existing systems and processes.
- Sales Tools: Design and refine our sales technology strategy. Define and prioritize the sales technology roadmap, in particular as it relates to applications in salesforce.com. Act as the primary business partner to our internal product / technology teams.
- Sales Enablement: Ensure the adoption of provided sales tools and business processes by our sales team. Work with Marketing, Sales Training and Quality Assurance to equip our sales professionals with relevant communication materials and product information.
- Team leadership: Manage a team of product managers, program/project managers, operations specialists, and business analysts. Drive employee engagement and morale. Establish the team as a trusted and dependable business partner that is highly accountable for results.
- Analysis: Define, track, and communicate key metrics that help us understand the performance of the Premier Agent business, the productivity of various parts of our sales force, and results of individual initiatives. Provide regular reporting and ad-hoc analytical support to sales management.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the Premier Agent Sales, Product, and Strategy & Operations leadership to ensure strong business results and operational excellence. Communicate with the larger Premier Agent business and find opportunities to improve the overall business strategy.
Who you are
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in some combination of business / sales operations, strategy, product management, management consulting, and business analytics
- Experience in designing and running top-performing business / operations teams, ideally at a relevant technology firm
- Deep experience with insides sales tools, especially SalesForce.com
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement process.
- An ownership mindset, confidence in the face of ambiguity, and a bias toward action.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both customers and internal teams
- An excellent teammate with a track record of making change happen through collaboration and drive.
- Bachelor's degree and MBA preferred.