Responsible for the direction, coordination, management and oversight of Dean Health Plan’s portfolio management, projectmanagement and shared business functions (including CQI and Vendor Management). Works closely and collaboratively with theorganization’s Executive Team, Management Team, Enterprise and System Architects, and Directors of IT Agile Delivery, as well as leaders across other SSM entities as appropriate, to prioritize, plan, initiate, execute, control and close initiatives that achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria within approved timeframes and funding parameters.
• Director, Portfolio Management
• Director, Project Management
• Director, Shared Services
Essential Job Duties:
1. Oversee the organization’s portfolio management, projectmanagement and shared services/functions (including CQI and vendor management). Create and implement the Divisional structure, tools, processes and best practices to achieve desiredoutcomes.
2. Build strong relationships/partnerships with the ExecutiveTeam, Management Team, their direct reports, vendors, peers/other teams, and staff to promote a high level ofunderstanding and engagement. Educate the organization on theuse of the established delivery framework.
3. Facilitate/ensure continuous portfolio prioritization based onevolving business requirements and commitments.
4. Work with business and IT leaders to develop and maintain a business and IT roadmap to achieve current and future business objectives in alignment with evolving strategic needs.
5. Organize, coordinate and manage the planning, sequencing, decomposition, tracking and synthesis of organizational epics. Establish and promote portfolio management best practices toensure a continuous flow of work to Agile and PMO delivery teams.
6. Implement and assure industry best practices related to projectmanagement and business analysis/support.
7. Implement and assure industry best practices related toCQI/Lean Six Sigma (Operational Excellence and Performance Improvement), vendor life cycle management, and other shared service functions as appropriate. Lead/assist in complex contractnegotiations in coordination with business partners.
8. Create and maintain a transparent reporting framework that drives clear accountability and understanding between theorganization’s business sponsors and PMO/Agile delivery teams. Track and monitor all Agile/IT and business related initiatives. Proactively identify and mitigate resource and capacity constraints.
9. Maintain knowledge of industry trends to better satisfy business partners needs and goals.
10. Mentor direct reports and staff. Serve as a role model.
1. Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Finance, Information Systems/Technology or a related field.
2. 10+ years of progressive business leadership experience, including 5+ years managing large-scale/complex projects, and 3+ years managing a large project portfolio.
3. Possesses a high degree of competency with portfolio and project management best practices, organization steering/governance, quality assurance, and related technology methodologies.
4. Experience with Lean Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, and/or other process improvement best practices. PMI PMP (Project Management Professional) or comparable certification.
5. Exceptional research, quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with sound judgment. Able to evaluate information, develop short- and long-range goals, and plan, develop, organize and direct the work of large and complex teams. Ensures the employment of sound managerial practices.
6. Self-starter with ability to work independently and with teams. High degree of personal initiative and motivation.
7. Strong customer focus. Excellent communication (written and verbal), negotiation and interpersonal skills. Extensive facilitation/meeting management and interviewing experience. Excellent negotiation skills. Able to communicate work efforts withand present at both Executive and Board level meetings. Able towork effectively at all levels of an organization (both vertically and horizontally, and with technical and non-technical staff).
8. Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills. Strong knowledge and experienceworking with Microsoft Project, Wrike or other project management software solutions.
9. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Able towork in a fast-paced, highly matrixed and constantly changing environment.
10. Strong business acumen related to operational, financial and general business practices. Able to apply knowledge across complex business areas and lead cross functional teams.
11. Strong healthcare industry knowledge and experienceworking with both payers and providers. Able to effectively partner withSSM’s hospitals and community providers to advance IDN priorities. Current understanding of healthcare strategy, business, regulatory and technology trends.
12. Working knowledge of health plan technology platforms, systems, and software.
13. Demonstrated competent leadership skills with consultative style, ability to lead programs on behalf of entire organization, and ability to influence and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment. Proven ability to influence change withdiplomacy and lead the decision making processes.
14. Some travel is required.
1. Master's degree with an emphasis in Business, Finance, Information Systems/Technology or a related field.
2. Project management experience in the healthcare, health insurance or life sciences industries.
3. Lean Six Sigma Certified Green or Black Belt.
4. Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (preferably a Scaled Agile Framework) with SPC (SAFe Program Consultant) certification.
5. Exposure to various requirements analysis approaches and waterfall/agile/iterative SDLC methods.
6. Experience with Epic.
Essential Physical Functions:
1. Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
2. Job tasks are primarily sedentary in nature.
3. Ability to perform fine motor skills while using the computer or writing. Computer use may occur for extended periods.
4. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
5. Ability to perform occasional tasks that involve crouching, twisting, overhead or climbing stairs.
Dean Health Plan, Inc.-
Established in 1983, Dean Health Plan is the insurance services subsidiary of Dean and SSM Health. It maintains a position ofleadership in insurance services through a physician-led integrated health system that improves the health of its members and delivers a superior level of service and care. We're looking for talented individuals committed to improving the health ofcommunity through innovation, partnership and integrity.