The Senior Director of Plant Operations develops strategic plans for short and long term goals for packinghouse operations, that align with company objectives. This role requires a leader who is able to connect with multiple stakeholders within the organization to be successful, including Sales, Finance, Procurement, Food Safety/Quality Systems and Human Resources.
Here's what you'll do:
- Sets the strategy for short term and long term business goals for the packinghouse.
- Maintains overall safety programs, ensuring safety as first priority, adhering to and enforcing all labor laws
- Develops and oversee annual budget for the facility aligning to company cost targets.
- Drives continuous improvement in maximizing plant efficiencies while targeting a reduction in labor and overhead cost
- Oversees purchases of all equipment and capital expenditures within the packinghouse.
- Creates and delivers presentations to corporate officers for business updates
- Regularly communicates and interacts with Harvest, Supply Chain, and Sales operations
- Frequently communicates for alignment on strategic initiatives with peers and Executive Team
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization
- Ensures investigation of customers' complaints involving such matters as fruit quality, overcharges, and delay in shipment, and makes necessary adjustments.
- Establishes plant structure and facilitates strategic priorities by leveraging SWOT analysis
- Drives the strategic direction of Wonderful Citrus at the plant level by establishing, implementing, and supporting execution through consistent monitoring and adaptation
- Engages with vendors to develop a collaborative relationship, while enabling both parties to challenge each other regularly in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Sets expectations for vendor relationships and hold vendors accountable to agreements around pricing, delivery, service, confidentiality, etc.
- Implements best practices to ensure a One Wonderful operations playbook across the Wonderful Citrus footprint.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- B.S. in Engineering or Business Administration plus 5-7 years of revelant work experience, preferably in high-volume food/beverage manufacturing operations or supply chain management. Citrus, Fresh, or Produce experience is a plus but not required.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Knowledge of statistics desired but not required.
- Budgeting and Purchasing knowledge.
- Advanced computer skills and familiar with computer spreadsheets programs (i.e. Excel).
- Understanding of high-volume food or beverage manufacturing and strategic planning.
- Excellent employee relations, supervision, and leadership skills to manage 10 or more people. Must understand safety and labor laws.
- Demonstrated technical skills in large scale lean manufacturing techniques (Process Improvement, Six-Sigma, etc.)
- Excellent communicator, enterprise thinker, works well with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Experience in employee safety and food quality.