11 - 15 years
Posted 38 days ago
The Senior Director of Planning & Construction will be responsible for supporting Rochester Regional Health’s strategic growth objectives by effectively managing the system’s capital portfolio as it relates to facilities planning and construction management.
• Portfolio Management. Align, balance and maximize the value of the system portfolio. Determine the sharing and coordination of resources among constituent projects. Direct those in the department that are responsible for the execution of individual projects within the portfolio. Integrate construction with leasing and property management. Assure that building drawings and departmental space inventories are current.
• Research and Planning. Ensure that program requirements are met. Ensure that building data and feasibility studies are accurate. Determine code and mechanical/electrical/plumbing requirements. Provide conceptual layouts and cost estimates.
• Regulatory Compliance. Ensure compliance with JCAHO Environment of Care standards along with compliance with local, state and federal requirements. Represent the organization in interaction with regulatory agencies pertaining to design and construction.
• Policy and Procedure. Develop and implement policies and procedures specific to the work of the department. Administer personnel policies and procedures in accordance with established guidelines.
• A bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or equivalent certification and experience.
• Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of related work experience.
• Competent use of CAD and productivity software. Experience in planning, programming, design and construction of healthcare facilities.
• Advanced problem solving and communication skills.
• Strong project management skills in healthcare with ability to execute large, complex projects
• Highly effective communication, presentation and listening abilities are essential for navigating company investment and construction opportunities.