The Senior Director of Pharmacy Operations isresponsible for providing onsite and remote support of hospital pharmacy operations. Support of hospital pharmacy operations encompasses providing the necessary training andeducation of directors, staff pharmacist, andtechnicians in the area of pharmacy operations, clinical pharmacy,financial management, and quality management. The Regional Senior Director of Pharmacy Operations will also work collaboratively with facility CEOs, CCOs, medical staff, and Directors of Pharmacy (DOPs) to accomplish objectives of the onsite pharmacy department and the corporate pharmacy department.
- Assess and resolve financial, regulatory, operational, or clinical needs of a pharmacy within assigned areas.
- Assist hospitals in the recruitment, management and training of the Director of Pharmacy (DOP).
- Work collaboratively with corporate and facility CEOs, CCOs, medical staff, and department directors to accomplish objectives of the hospital pharmacy department.
- Ensure facility DOPs are aware of operational and clinical initiatives and cost-savings opportunities.
- Provides guidance to affiliated DOPs in the development of a continuous quality improvement program as related to pharmacy quality activities.
- Provide individual and pharmacy performance reports to direct and dotted line reports.
- Ensures the provision of education and support to hospitals with regard to policies and procedures justification, execution, and implementation.
- Provides education for departmental initiatives in-person, via Webinar, teleconference or other interpersonal communication.
- Performing pharmacy operational audits and assisting in correcting deficiencies.
- Prepare appropriate reports and follow-up documentation for all assigned duties and projects assigned.
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills related to pharmacy operations through participation in selected organizations or certifications.
- Maintain active pharmacy license.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, word-processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to handle multiple dotted ling reporting relationships and balance competing constituencies in hospital, corporate, and professional environment.
- Ability to travel extensively with overnight stays, up to 100%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy. Master’s Degree in Business or Management preferred.
- Registered pharmacist in the State of California.
- 5 years of Director of Pharmacy experiencerequired.
- Experience managing multiple facilities or integrated pharmacy systems preferred.
Job Number: 328433