Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
The Director of Performance Engineering will lead a world-class organization to deliver performance analysis of Teradata solutions. These solutions span the diverse spectrum of database functionality to business analytic at scale – leveraging on-premise, cloud and hybrid cloud environments. The continuous improvement of advance analytics leveraging state of the art techniques is imperative to provide product development and strategic customers with necessary insight into architecture and implementation decisions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Define and execute the strategy, plans, resource requirements and risk management planning for Teradata Performance benchmarking
• Manage the allocation of resources in support of the business initiatives and customer opportunities
• Engage Product Owners in the establishment of performance goals, creation of good user stories, acceptance criteria
• Drive the isolation and implementation of identified performance opportunities with responsible engineering organizations
• Drive the advancement of automated benchmarking assets and analytics, culminating in the achievement of “benchmark as a service” concepts
• Establishment of best practices in benchmark execution and reporting to key interested parties
• Facilitate the demonstration of Teradata products for customer engagements and public events
• Deliver the definition, design and development of tools to provide the configuration of solutions for customer delivery
Skills & Attributes:
The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated history of innovation and thought leadership in the development and analysis of large-scale system performance. This includes the establishment of strategy and assets. The role requires experience in performance optimization and an in depth understanding of industry benchmarking techniques. The adoption of automation and the standardization of process, analysis to promote efficiency to support the multitude of products across all environments is paramount.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 15+ years of working in performance testing and benchmarking with deep Teradata Database and hardware experience. Clear understanding of delivery of hardware and software solutions, and experience in product realization and verification.
• 7+ years in a senior leadership role with increasing responsibility and track record of successful performance management skills.
• Highly proficient and experienced in Teradata Database architecture, functionality and practices, Analytics Ecosystem, Cloud, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, SQL
• Ability to tune the Database and associated controls, settings, functionalities to achieve the desired performance goals
• Deep understanding of Teradata’s hardware products and its interoperability with the Database to enable the right tunings to take place
• Well versed in Agile, software development principles and practices.
• Demonstrate ability to lead and multi-task, problem-solve, make decisions and operate in a fast-paced environment.
• A collaborator who listens effectively and invites response and discussion. Possess good negotiation skills
• A problem solver, able to work in a results-driven, highly accountable environment
• Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and be reliable and responsive
• Highly effective communication skills, including interactive listening with proven ability to negotiate across all levels of the organization.
• Possess executive-level acumen, understanding of organizational issues and challenges and have the proven ability to influence decisions at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to maintain strong relationships across Teradata business units and geographies and include multiple constituents within a project.
• Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent required.
• This position is located in San Diego within Teradata Quality and Performance Engineering. This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.