Senior Director Payment Policy & Product Reimbursement
11 - 15 years experience • Medical Equipment
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director will lead BD’s overarching strategy to shape global payment pathways to drive adoption of all products across the portfolio. This role is a very senior position that is an integral part of an increasingly important global core competency for BD.
The leader will manage a team of market access, payment policy and product reimbursement professionals who work closely with our business leaders to shape payment pathways that ensure access to medical technologies that improve health care delivery and patient outcomes.
This role is also responsible for partnering with global colleagues that manage these activities at the local level in order to drive execution. It will be critical that the Senior Director collaborate with counterparts in other functions as part of Strategic Market Access Resource Teams, which include participation from Regulatory Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Medical Affairs and R&D. It is expected that the Senior Director’s time will be divided by regions and countries commensurate with BD’s business.
Career development and personal growth opportunities are available through functional, business and regional roles that are being created to meet the demands of the increasingly complex health care systems.
1. Work with senior business leaders to assess market access, payment policy and product reimbursement priorities during the annual worldwide business planning process
2. Define payment policy and product reimbursement strategies across BD’s portfolio
Assess market access requirements for priority BD products and solutions
- Analyze policies and payment pathways that create opportunities and risks for BD and its customers and provide insights to business, regional and corporate leaders in order to inform business strategy
- Develop payment strategies that create positive business outcomes and gains competitive advantage
- Provide strategic insight into product design, regulatory pathways and marketing strategies in partnership with new product innovation teams and allied functions
- Deliver coverage and coding expertise for all relevant products
- Shape global payment policies and pathways to ensure favorable access to and reimbursement for BD products
3. Represent BD before national and international policymakers, payers, trade associations and other external organizations
4. Hire, develop and manage a team of market access, payment policy and product reimbursement associates
5. Harness the company’s global market access capabilities and enhance coordination among related functions market shaping functions
6. Oversee the development of internal payment policy and product reimbursement training as well as implementation of sales tools for commercial teams that leverage payment opportunities for customers
7. Continually seek information on customer and market trends to respond and stay ahead of future needs
- Proven track record of contributing to growth through shaping favorable payment pathways and securing reimbursement for health care products
- Thorough understanding of global market access considerations for medical technology
- Demonstrated capability and experience developing, managing and collaborating with teams in market access disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities that have been leveraged with external customers, internal stakeholders and senior leadership
- Analytical, problem solving, persuasive ability to develop and implement strategic plans
- Global mindset and ability to lead within a matrixed organization
- Established relationships with public and private payers
- BA/BS with advanced degreepreferred
- 15years of experience in health care market access disciplines, preferably with global responsibility
Job ID R-22051