Responsible for teams in charge of the implementation and maintenance of executed contracts for third party pharmacy programs including retail, mail service, and specialty. Responsible for creating the next generation of sales analytics and delivers accurate and timely executive reporting and insights on the performance and trends of the sales and account management organization and the impact on our business and segment customers. Defines and produces analytics that support critical group initiatives and strategies. Leads tracking of compliance to contracts. Leads the management of tools and systems which support the analytic needs of the sales and contracting teams. Works cross-functionally with leadership from across Walgreens entire Organization including Sales, Store Operations, Marketing, Purchasing, Advertising, Information Technology, Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Distribution and Law to ensure timely, accurate, and actionable business analytics and to coordinate contract administration for pharmacy programs including processing, reimbursement, formulary and payment information. Ensures customer service standards are maintained at performance levels that make Walgreens a choice provider and that effective implementation instructions are in place for each program. Provides a timely troubleshooting and escalation process is in place to address internal and external customer inquiries. Establishes policies and procedures to enable effective communications and training for all program implementations. Responsible for compliance with contractual terms and conditions associated with pharmacy programs.
- Leads the implementation of all 3rd party pharmacy program contracts. Ensures that effective policies and procedures are in place to support seamless implementation, effective monitoring and performance measurement of programs. Works collaboratively with leadership teams across the organization to integrate systems, processes, communications and training for pharmacy programs.
- Ensures that implementation policies and procedures are adhered to guarantee successful program implementation and successful performance outcomes.
- Makes sure that appropriate systems, tools and data are available to effectively evaluate strategies and inform on decisions.
- Leads the delivery of timely, accurate and actionable business information and intelligence to key stakeholders. Translates and provides analysis on the competitive landscape.
- Builds and maintains business relationships with sales and contracting teams and drives initiatives through the timely and appropriate delivery of analytics such as data quality assurance, contracting compliance tracking, reporting on pipeline sales opportunities, revenue tracking, goal projection and related analytics and reporting.
- Directs the systems, tools, and processes for delivering effective efficient pricing models, dashboards, and reports.
- Assures that a robust audit and validation process is in place in order to monitor compliance with the contractual terms and conditions of 3rd party pharmacy agreements. Drives the methodology, policies and procedures that govern the review process. Ensures that an effective identification, escalation and resolution process is in place and that overpayments are recovered when applicable.
- Establishes a customer service centric department for both internal and external customers. Ensures that consultative support is provided to stakeholders regarding processes, procedures and functionality related to systems, training, and program implementations. Establishes high standards for communications and training in order to develop excellent customer support and facilitate productive 3rd party relationships.
- Applies deep understanding and knowledge of Walgreens store operations as well as of the managed care and insurance industries in order to facilitate seamless program implementations. Maintains current knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the implementation and operation of pharmacy programs.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace. Provides leadership, direction, coaching, and counseling to team members to ensure optimal efficiency and client satisfaction.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of experience in a combination of Contracting, Account Management, Analytics and Corporate Strategy OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 11 years of experience in a combination of Contracting, Account Management, Analytics and Corporate Strategy.
- At least 5 years of experience implementing and maintaining executed contracts.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- At least 8 years of experience in one or more of the following healthcare or managed markets sales –related functions: account management, business intelligence, planning and forecasting, reporting, analytics.
- Experience in analyzing and reporting healthcare and managed markets data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive and inform business strategies and performance; demonstrated experience performing strategic analytics and reporting functions.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team and across functional teams.
- Experience managing teams and initiatives through subordinate leaders.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s degree / MBA
- Knowledge of pharmacy industry including Retail, PBM, Managed Care, Mail Service, and/or Specialty Pharmacy.
- Sales management experience in the healthcare industry in areas such as pharma, retail pharmacy, managed care.