Position Summary: Provides expert clinical guidance in a specialized field and coordinates patient care quality initiatives. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Assesses a healthcare facility's nursing practice and its impact on patient outcomes. Oversees established patient care standards and develops and implements quality improvement initiatives.
- Provides clinical direction to nursing staff in the delivery of patient care programs. Provides complex, direct patient care, often in an area of specialty.
- Provides consultative care and guidance to patients, family, and other members of the clinical staff.
- Conducts research into area of specialty and uses findings to provide measurable improvements in patient care and clinical outcomes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (e.g. BSN) or equivalent education and experience and Master's degree in nursing or other-related field (e.g., MSN/MBA/MHA).
- Minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience and three (3) years of nurse leadership experience.