As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications. Job Summary The Senior Director, PAH Marketing is a critical senior marketing management position leading marketing strategy and implementation for portfolio of US PAH brands in the areas of professional, consumer and patient marketing. Job Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop an integrated strategic plan for PAH across all brands, building the brand positioning, messaging and overall branding experience, working to maximize marketing communications to physicians, offices, customers and patients.
- Responsible for US product launch of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)
- Work in conjunction with brand marketing leads to develop annual Marketing Plans for the franchise and execute both product and service innovations.
- Work closely across the organization in order to effectively execute key commercial activities including planning promotional activities, developing pricing and contracting tactics, and supporting franchise team cross functional initiatives.
- Lead a team of existing marketing professionals (including Brand Leads, Product Managers, etc) and help build, shape and coach both leadership and marketing competencies throughout their team; responsible for staffing, training and developing the marketing team members according to Value Excellence principles and practices.
- Responsible for annual financial forecasts and budget maintenance to supportfinancial objectives.
- Continually assesses competitive landscape and responds accordingly.
- Works within regulatory guidelines to achieve goals.
- Work closely with senior leadership team to ensure appropriate resources and organizational alignment is available to capitalize on short-term and long-term business opportunities.
Candidate Qualifications & Requirements
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10 years’ commercial experience of which 8 years are demonstrated in line marketing experience and proven performance
- MBA or Master’s degree and Biology/Scientific background
- Rare disease and PAH experience
- Previous pharma sales or sales management experience
- Global marketing / early commercial development experience
- Innovative, proactive, and analytic, with excellent overall business acumen
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple priorities
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix and unstructured environment
- Ability to think strategically
- Can operate in two worlds - big picture orientation with attention to detail
Interpersonal flexibility to effectively interact with a broad range of personnel.
Advanced communication and presentation skills
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your application.