Senior Director Organizational Development & Global OD Systems
In partnership with the Senior Vice President, Leadership & Organization Effectiveness, this role is responsible for working with the HR Business Partners to develop and implement a comprehensive and integrated organization development strategy that proactively addresses the following areas for a specific business unit: organization effectiveness, employee engagement, succession planning, leadership development, career pathing and goal setting.
In addition, this role is globally responsible for managing the global systems and processes tied to the Annual Talent Review, Goal Setting, Performance Reviews and other global systems and processes for the business tied to organization development.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop/ Align business strategies to organization development and initiatives, diagnosing business challenges, exploring alternative solutions and recommending best-fit solutions; identify opportunities for increased efficiency/effectiveness
- Partner with HR Business Partners in managing proper succession and high potential planning in line with the defined strategy and needs of the business. Ensure continual performance improvement within the corporate functions, driving processes to facilitate improvement.
- Provide expert advice and counsel to all levels of leaders. Consults with leaders to address root causes of organizational issues and resolve through a systematic and analytical approach.
- Work with the HR Business partners in the business units to develop and execute best practices to promote employee engagement and to enable a high-performing workforce to contribute to the company’s strategic growth.
- Identify problems central to business strategy and forecast potential obstacles to success
- Work with the HR Business Partners and Senior Leadership of the business units to advise leadership on organizational design, change management and overall organizational effectiveness (conduct ongoing reviews and propose changes to enhance operations).
- Coach and advise leaders, help guide people strategies and develop robust talent and succession management strategies.
- Leverages the Corporate HR groups, proactively partners with broader HR team to share best practices, HR strategy / delivery.
- Manages and directs external consultants and resources in all change management and human resources strategies and activities.
- Establishes key metrics to drive measure and reinforce high service levels and internal consulting deliverables from the organization development function and to also measure the success of human capital strategies.
- Identifies, develops and implements all processes & systems tied to global use for the company.
- Develops career roadmaps for Directors and above within the respective business unit.
- Ensures there are “ready now” and “ready within 2 years” successors for each Director/key role and above.
- Leads ongoing succession and development planning for the client groups in partnership with the Senior Vice President of Leadership & Organization Effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Masters preferred
- 10 plus years in increasingly responsible Human Resources roles including direct involvement with senior business executives in high growth environments; preferably at the Manager level
- Must have a heavy emphasis in Org Design, Talent Management, HR Strategy, and Driving Change
- Large corporate experiencerequired; Previous experience in large scale organizational transformations
- Ability to successfully work under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and manage competing priorities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; leader with dedication to the ongoing development of the company and HR department
- Experience at building a strong, contemporary and value added HR team
- Possesses both strategic thinking capability and “hands on” OD plan implementation experience
- Strong influence and ability to interact (Senior Leaders), interpersonal skills and overall leadership capability
- Strong conceptual ability coupled with a proven track record of implementing HR and organization initiatives
- Strong experience and knowledge of OD systems for goal setting, performance management and succession
- Strong influencing and coaching skills. Proven experience in developing and coaching a team
- Ability to be effective in a highly matrixed environment, to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization and drive change
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture
- Must be able to think and act strategically, but also be willing to “roll up sleeves” for all HR functions
- Willing to travel up to 30%
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws pertaining to the employment relationship
- Provide people perspective into function’s vision, mission, strategic plan and org structure
- Adapt HR strategies into actionable initiatives that address function needs
- Assist leaders to build robust OD plans based on greater levels of insights and identified needs from the functions
- Leverage the power of the HR function for subject matter expertise and delivery of HRsupport for key strategic priorities
- Contribute to a strong and connected HR leadership team to create and drive synergies
- Build HR capabilities of function leaders
- Boldly articulate a people perspective on issues, even if unpopular
- Role model behaviors congruent to a culture of change with emphasis on progress, simplicity and customer-centric response
- Drive strategic workforce planning and organizational redesign
- Elevate talent discussion with focus on key business priorities, leadership and/or critical roles and high potential talent